Winter

Winter

Friday, August 9, 2013

Projects I Worked On

My sunflowers I planted so late are finally starting to bloom. I really liked the look of this one against the blue skies. I like the texture of this one. I don't normally buy the giant kind that tower over me but it was so late in the season we planted this kind. The finches will be so happy as these are their favorite kind.

It has been a while since I did a punch needle project. I wanted to do this one so bad but then I sat and stared at it for two weeks. This week I decided that I would work on it. I ripped it out so many times that I decided I just needed to get over and and just punch and quit trying to make it perfect. So here it is.

First I will show you the back side so you have some idea of what the pattern looks like.

I bought this pattern from The Old Tattered Flag. Called " All Hallows Eve." It was the cutest thing I have ever saw.

Okay, here it the right side.

I think I will rip it out one more time and shorten my stitch length. Anyway I did that one afternoon until I had to go outside and run around the pasture three times just because I was so angry at myself. I put it away and got out my rug hook.

This doesn't look like a big rug but it is, I have hooked and hooked on the back ground. I think this is going to be one of my favorite rugs. I keep finding I am thinking about it and there are days like yesterday when I never had a chance to sit down and work on it. I hope to find time today.

One of the recipes that I tried recently is Fried Chicken and Waffles. Nik kept telling me how good it is and how I needed to fix it. One weekend I finally got around to fixing it. Oh my gosh, it has become my favorite meal. So tonight, Emilie is coming over for dinner as Nik is busy doing something else. Every time I have fixed it it just so happens he is gone but at least Emilie will get to eat with us. I like to cook, but eating is just not really something I enjoy. Weird I know, I eat only because my body demands that I do. But Waffles and Fried Chicken is totally different I really like that and I didn't expect too. When I was a kid and I would have to stop playing to have to come in the house to eat just bugged me. I still feel pretty much the same way. If I didn't have people to cook for I never would and eating I don't think it would be something I would do. It is a good thing Ron is home on weekends because he feeds me. There are so many other things to do and to eat is just such a waste of time. Like sleeping, think of the things you could get done if you didn't have to sleep.

Just rambling along now. It is a beautiful morning. Just a lovely Friday. I hope you have such a nice weekend.
~Kim~

17 comments:

Meg said...

I love to eat food, but I hate taking the time too. Now that our schedule is different I find that if it weren't for the kids fussing about being hungry I probably wouldn't make dinner at all.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Happy Friday Kim!

Alica said...

I enjoy seeing your projects. Love the pumpkin rug...it reminds me that fall is coming! Have a great weekend, and enjoy the fried chicken and waffles! Sounds delicious!

TexWisGirl said...

still love the crow rug. laughing at you running around the pasture because you're mad at yourself.

i've heard chicken and waffles is delicious. my husband just told me there's a potato chip with that flavor now.

Jacque. said...

Chicken and waffles...am going to look that up. Cannot imagine. Love the rug you're hooking. The PN will come...just takes practice. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I am doing the same needle punch pattern! I love it too. I inspired me to try needle punch again after 5 or more years, and back then I only did two small pieces. Mine is coming alomg great. I'm using 6 strands of floss on the Number 2 setting on my Cameo Ultrapunch and it's perfect. What fiber and punch are you using?

Carol

Gumbo Lily said...

I really like the crow/pumpkin rug too.

Nellie said...

I think your projects are really stunning! You are getting ready for fall!

Fried Chicken and Waffles? Never thought of that one.

xo Nellie

Christine said...

Have a blissful weekend, Kim!
Hope you find time to hook some more as it looks so great already.
Best wishes
Christine

Kim said...

I wish I didn't like to eat so much :). I love that rug. I think it is my favorite too. Happy weekend Kim

Kessie said...

Now all I can hear in my head is the Chicken and Waffles song by Rhett and Link. :-)

How come your pich witch looks so good on the back but not the front? Should the back be the front?

I still love that crow and pumpkin rug. Something about the wide triangle composition is very pleasing.

Nancy said...

Your hooked rugs are so beautiful...I am sure when you finish this project it will be too...I just laughed at loud at the thought of you running around the pasture because you were mad at your self...I can so identify.....

There's a restaurant in the mountains that serves fried chicken and waffles and it is delicious....I had never heard of it before I saw it on their menu.....

Have a great weekend....

Thistle Cove Farm said...

gosh. something about waffles scream maple syrup to me...not chicken -grin-.

Pom Pom said...

Really? You don't like eating? I do! I love to taste good food.
You are a go getter. You like to get a lot done!
The rug is gorgeous and the witch pattern is very cute, too!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm that way with sleep - and eating to some extent. Too many other things to do. After a while my body "revolts" and let s me know that I need to eat or sleep. ;-)

I've never heard of fried chicken and waffles - I assume it's exactly what the name implies - pieces of fried chicken served with waffles? Seems odd combination - although I do love each one separately.

I love that large crow and pumpkin rug!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I was born to eat. I enjoy the entire process,chopping, cooking, chewing, you name it. My husband is just like you . I live to eat, my husbands eats to live. The punch Halloween rug is going to be a beauty when its done.

Julia said...

I love any food and I love to eat. I can't eat a lot of food but I sure love to eat.

Your pumpkin rug looks fantastic. Try a little sample on a lower setting for your witch until you get the best looking stitch.

My house has been so busy this week. Sorry I'm lagging behind commenting.
Hugs,
JB