Winter

Winter

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Washing Windows Part Two


I think the best part of clean windows is waking up
the next morning with the early morning sunlight
streaming through, and the views outside my window
becomes a painting that any museum would be happy to own.

I was reading today in my Streams of The Desert and I love this
quote by Phillips Brooks:
"Do not pray for easy lives! Pray to be stronger men. Do not
pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal
to your tasks. Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle,
but you shall be a miracle."

We must remember that it is not in any easy or self-indulgent
life that Christ will lead us to greatness. The easy life leads not
upward, but downward. Heaven always is above us, we must
ever be looking up toward it. There are some people who always avoid things
that are costly, that require self-denial, or self-restraint and sacrifice,
but toil and hardship show us the only way to nobleness. Greatness
comes not by having a mossy path made for you through the meadow,
but by being sent to hew out a roadway
by your own hands. Are you going to reach the mountain splendors?"

" Maybe you see no way out of your situation, no light at the end of the tunnel.
In God's time He will deliver you. He is your strength."

" And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me
for His heavenly kingdom."
ll Timothy4:18

As I was washing windows I was listening to a tape series
by Diana Waring called "What in the World is going on here,
A Judeo-Christian Primer of World History"
The Renaissance/Reformation to the French Revolution.
As I was listening and she was talking about that before the
Black Death hit Europe, there was 30 million people living
there and after it was all over all that was left was 5 million
people. After that time came the Reformation, a return to
the Bible, you then see the rise of Martin Luther, John Calvin
Charles Wesley, I was thinking that without that terrible tragedy,
the Pilgrims might not have been Pilgrims and they might not
have left and took a chance on a New World.
So if I bring it down to where I live, then I can see that God allows
every thing for a purpose and what is His final goal, always
Eternity. He wants to have fellowship with us every day for
eternity.
I need to get off of this computer and start my work, but it was
just all the stuff I was thinking about yesterday on the ladder.
Have a great Tuesday!

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

6 comments:

Kessie said...

Hard times are hard, but I'm sure thankful I've gotten to go through them. I've learned so many things, not least of which is how to really use my crockpot and how to can various fruits. And beans.

Also, I forgot how very interesting Diana Waring is. I learned so much just overhearing your history lessons with her curriculum.

Farm Girl said...

Yes she is so very interesting, she makes washing windows go so fast. Hey cool making peach butter in the crock pot. I found a soap recipe using the crock pot. Amazing tool the crockpot.
Have a great day, I like that you said you are thankful that you have gotten to go through them.
That is just so sweet. Joy always comes in the morning. :) See ya in the morning.

Anonymous said...

O that is so true -- going through hard times can either make you strong or weak it is ones choice -- but my own experiences when we allow God and trust Him to guide us we are where we should be for our good and for our future needs! Never heard of Dina Waring - I'll be finding out today! Enjoy your day and thanks always for your sweet comments - you are a sweet spirit indeed and glad I found you here in blog land..

mariel said...

thank you for sharing this, dear one. I am going to grab my "Streams" and check out the whole devotion for today...sounds like a word a friend of mine could certainly use...sounds like a word we could all use!!

Jacque. said...

Thank you for this post. I love coming here to read what your thoughts are...to see where you are going in your day.

Simple Home said...

I loved your thoughts while you were on that ladder. I loved listening to Diana Waring tapes, but haven't for awhile. I'm going to have to pull them out again.
Blessings,
Marcia