Winter

Winter

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Progress On My Rug


I thought that since I am a very proud member
if the 10 minute rug hookers I should at least show
some of the progress I made this week. It is starting
to come together and I think it looks neat, and I know
years from now, I might have a good laugh, but this is
really like my first baby so I don't really see that
it has any problems other than weighing a ton.
I also worked on my quilt block and I got that finished too.

I am enjoying this because it causes me to do things
I have never done before and because it is only one
block a month, it helps my confidence. I have to
thank Kaaren at http://thepaintedquilt.blogspot.com
In her post today, she made a quilt out of wool and she
has it hung, I have to say, I have never in my life seen
a more beautiful quilt. I really love it I think because it
is done in wool. She is so incredibly talented.

I thought after my grouchy post I should add another, because
this is what I was going to do in the first place, but
blogger hates my quilt blocks for some reason and turns the picture,
so I had to keep taking pictures until I got one it liked.

I hope today is a nice restful day, it looks like we have rain clouds
moving in, I am keeping my fingers crossed for rain.
It is beautiful though, it feels like camping. I came home
and made a pot of coffee, just so I could sit outside and
pretend it is a campground in October. :)

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

6 comments:

Kim said...

Both of your projects look great. Did you design the rug yourself? A quilt top is on my to-do list.

Meg said...

Oh I love your rug! I can't wait until it's finished. I bet it weighs a ton. I couldn't believe how big it was in person.

Today is WONDERFUL! I have been happy as a clam. It's even been so cool that I've been wearing the shawl I knit last year and I love it. I wish it would stay like this forever. It's like beach weather!

Jacque. said...

Looks like you've gotten a lot done, Kim! YAY! Keep up the good work on both your rug and your quilt.

Kessie said...

I kept seeing this post on my Blogger dashboard, but I never clicked on it because I thought I was just seeing a ghost of a queued post for tomorrow. Then I decided to swing by anyway and hey, you DID update a second time!

I'm glad you recovered your good mood and enjoyed crafting and the weather. I've kept the kids outside almost all day, and they have run and played and played and run. It's been glorious. I hope the warm-up next week is very, very slow. I don't want our beach weather to go away. :)

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I have two emails for you if you could email me...they are too long to put on here and I had thought when I pressed reply that they had come to you...then later I saw that it had "no reply blogger".
Please..if you have the chance
bjwright8@verizon.net
Thanks...........Janette@Janettessage.blogspot.com

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

I enjoyed looking at your rug and quilt block. I love hooking so much and find that it calms my spirit so much. Even on the busiest days while I was still teaching could grant myself 10 minutes or 3 worms or 7 worms and take a break before picking up the evening's work. We have so much in common.