Winter

Winter

Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

HHM

The weather in my neck of the woods:
The weather today is sunny, and the sky is
robins egg blue. The high today will be about 91
and right now it is a gorgeous 77 degrees.

Book I'm reading:
Praise Her In The Gates by Nancy Wilson.

What I'm enjoying on TV:
I have been getting from Netflix,
Perry Mason, I just started season 5

On the menu for dinner:
Pasta Shells
French bread
Green salad
cantaloupe
brownies

On my To Do List:
School
laundry
water and feed the chickens
and gather eggs,
water the garden
vacuum and dust
sew
New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
cook pizza on the BBQ
In the craft basket:
hooking a rug
Looking forward to this week:
Starting school
Tips and Tricks:
Don't use your good pan and knife when taking the
wax caps off of honey from the hive. You just can't
get the wax off.
My favorite blog post this week:
Too many good ones to list.
Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
See above
No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Lesson learned the past few days:
That I need to learn to just know God---grow in grace that
I need Him in every area of my life or nothing I do matters.
On my mind:
Doing a good job this year teaching school, and finishing the
race that is set out before me, I want a " well done, good,
and faithful servant at the end."
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Streams in the Desert, Daily Light, 


Thanks so much to http://familycorner.blogspot.com/ for letting
me do this today.


Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like your homemaking Monday -- just might do this too -- fun to update such things that are happening or will be in the works -- good read - just don't get locked out of the house like I did - many times to count - giggle!

Kessie said...

How did you get the template to make it all look pretty? I went to her site, but she didn't seem to offer it anywhere.

Farm Girl said...

It was not easy, and I don't even know if I did it right. I had to have Dad come in and do mojo on it to get it to look right. I just started a new blog and pasted every thing into like that and added her picture through blogger. Oh I had to use the new blogger to get it. but it is just her Monday thing. Does that make sense?

Kessie said...

I couldn't figure out how to do it, so I just copy and pasted each question.

It does make for a good way to write a blog entry when you don't really have much else to say, though! Got any more of these? :-)

Sue said...

Hi Kim,
I like this homemaking Monday, I might like to try it. I did enjoy your read, especially your recent lessons learned, And I know you are going to be the best teacher this year and that you will finish the race with it being said "a job well done," You have a heart to please God, by loving and serving your family. And such an inspiration to me.
Hugs,
Sue

Dog Trot Farm said...

Kim, I enjoyed reading your offerings on "Homemaking Monday". You are such a lovely person, I wish you lived closer so we could meet. Today we have been blessed with rain. This evening I actually had to close the windows, the temperature 62 degrees!

Tea with Tiffany said...

You have a beautiful life. I enjoyed reading about one of your days.