Winter

Winter

Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting Into The Bee Hive


I have been dreading getting into the bee hive.
I found a bunch dead on the driveway, and then the
activity has dropped from earlier in the summer.
It could be that since I got stung so bad, I have just
looked at them in passing and not getting to close.
So my husband, I was holding the camera, I am still
such a chicken. We took the lid off and this is the top
box.

The top box was so full of honey that my husband
had a hard time lifting it out.

Here is a picture of all of the honey all capped.
It is all full of sunflower honey. Isn't it pretty?

This is a close up of each of the cells capped.

This is the next box down and it too is filled with honey.
I don't have a extractor so I have to get one and a
hot, electric knife to cut the tops off but that will
be ordered this week so that we finally get to have
honey.
We will also get down into the brood box to check out
the health of the queen. I am thinking that it will be time
to order a new queen for this hive.
Have a great Monday!
Thank you so much for your prayers and your kind words.
They mean so much to me. I feel lots better and one of the
verses He gave that has always been one of my favorites,
" He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs
in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads
those that have young."
(Isiah 40:11)

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

3 comments:

Moonpie primitives said...

Hi Kim:
You are amazing...Is there anything you can't do?
Your flowers and garden are beautiful...Who would have thought you are a bee keeper too...I'm impressed...I hope thing are going better for you. I really appreciate all the encouraging words you have left on my blog...
Have a great day and thanks a lot, Nancy

myletterstoemily said...

i think you are VERY brave to be a bee keeper.
but look at all your glorious honey! that will
preach!

Wordmom said...

Maybe this time you can order a "benevolent" queen who will lead her subjects in a "kinder, gentler" way and you won't get stung so bad next year!