Winter

Winter

Friday, October 27, 2017

Happy Friday!


Don't you just love this time of year? Snow in the Midwest, Heat wave in California. Fall colors on the East coast. Weather everywhere. I love weather. We have one more day of hot weather. This time of  year I feel like I laugh at the hot weather. " I say, hahaha weather its almost Halloween, and then you are gone." It laughs back at me in February when we have a 90 degree day.


When the kids were little, it would be warm right up until Halloween. On Halloween, they would finally have to put on shoes and coats. I try to remember this when yesterday I had to drag out my shorts and short sleeved shirt. I am so ready to wear nice warm clothes. Next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed.


These are old pictures. I hate to admit this but I need a new camera. I am having to rely on my past pictures because my camera just wants to give up the ghost. It only works sometimes and my camera and my computer are becoming less and less compatible. Its war of the old and older right now.



I haven't mentioned this too much, but Ben and Megan have been working on their house this summer. They are going to take a year off and travel the U.S. They are selling every thing and they are going to live in a travel trailer for a year with all of their family. They will be looking for a place to settle down. A place that is not in California. A place that they can raise their kids without government intervention.
I have mentioned it before, but it really is like living not only in a third world country, but Jerry Brown has lost his mind. Completely. The laws keep getting crazier and crazier. I wonder if they sit up there in Sacramento and see who can come up with the next crazy law. I know I need to come up with examples. On Monday the new tax on gasoline goes in effect.   That is the link to the article.


I wanted you to know though, I am very happy with life in general. The kids are good. The grandkids are good. Ron is good. God is still in control and He knows what He is doing. I am just watching and seeing all of the wonderful ways that God continues to leads us.


Saturday night, a man was drunk and crashed into our fence in front. He wasn't hurt. He was speeding and lost control. He hit our fence. He took out the AT&T telephone and computer box, he took out the mail box, in fact the mail box was about 200 feet in the middle of the yard. He took out the street sign and our tree that was there. He ended up in the yard too. Some young girls stopped and they said he had passed them going 100 miles an hour. Another young man stopped and he thought the guy had rolled his truck. I was so thankful he had not hurt himself nor anyone but our fence.
 Ron talked to him when his wife stopped by after picking him up at the county jail where he had spent the night. Ron was so kind to them both. You know as I listened to Ron speaking to them, I whispered up to God, " Thank you so much Lord, for letting me have him as my husband."


So life goes on, things happen when we least expect them to and still I am so thankful to be here right now. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this blog. I know I haven't been as faithful to blogging as I was in the beginning. But I am really trying not to whine. You know how if you can't say anything nice... It means writing it too.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. I hope to take out the garden this weekend. Get the chicken coop cleaned and all of that good stuff. I would love to be able to welcome winter with a clean slate.

Happy almost November!
~Kim~
“November comes
And November goes,
With the last red berries
And the first white snows.

With night coming early,
And dawn coming late,
And ice in the bucket
And frost by the gate.

The fires burn
And the kettles sing,
And earth sinks to rest
Until next spring.”
---Clyde Watson.

7 comments:

Sue said...

Nice to see a post Kim, our weather has finally changed, though no frost on the pumpkin yet. I will pray that Ben and Megan, find the right place for them and their family, what a great adventure for them, I would love to be able to travel this country,lately we stay close to home.
So sorry about the accident, I believe God's timing in all things and I believe God might have had some words for that man and his wife delivered by your Ron.
Have a blessed weekend.
Sue

acorn hollow said...

We had the warmest October on record. So it felt a little like California. But the winds and the rain and the cold are coming.kids trick or treat bundled in warm clothes underneath.
i always thank God for my husband there is no one kinder.
Cathy

Sandra said...

Lindas imagens, as cores outonais são lindas. Bom fim de semana.

Julia said...

I love this time of year too but the weather has been erratic. We've had such cold that we had to light the stove and such heat that I had to dig out my summer PJs and sleeveless tops.

I've been so busy digging out weeds and cleaning out some huge flower beds. Farm chores are keeping me so busy and I can't wait to have time to rest.

I wish your daughter Megan and her family good luck. I really feel bad for young families who are trying their best to live a basic good life.
Best of luck to them.
Warm Hugs, Julia

Kessie said...

That new gas tax is insane! It's like the state government has gone mad with power. I'm just kind of gaping. It's like Pharoah after about plague #6.

I'm so glad for fall. It was 97 on Monday, and then it's cooled off each day. Our apartment complex had their haunted house last night. The kids were terrified. I thought it was hysterical to see all of the office people and the maintenance guys dressed as witches and scary clowns, terrorizing their customers. :-D

Debbie said...

i wouldn't tell anyone these are old pictures...they are just beautiful and perfect, no matter when they were taken. life is good kim and you and ron are lucky to have each other!!!

UplayOnline said...

Lindas imagens, as cores outonais são lindas.


แตกใน xxx