Winter

Winter

Friday, August 14, 2015

I love Fridays!


I love Fridays!! Don't you? There is something nice about getting to Friday and looking back and breathing that sigh of relief. As August is flying by, I am starting to think of fall more and more.
I finished my Dancing Witch. She is very cute.

Pattern by Old Tattered Flag
So fun to hook
I loved her little witchy face!
I love her dancing shoes!
I maybe worked on her a little more than I normally do, I just had such fun and I think I smiled all of the time.

I have a customer, who wants a dog rug. I looked through all of my Pinterest pins and everywhere and I decided I guess I don't like dogs to hook. So last night, after work, William had come in from work and we were visiting about the day. I said, " Hey, do you think you could draw a dog for me? For a rug pattern?"


He said, that he thought he could. He picked up a pencil and went to work. The cutest dog patterns you ever saw. Now I have lots of dog patterns to get on linen. He even does really cute chickens. He is a graphic artist so he always does stuff on the computer, but he just kept drawing and drawing, because he said it helped his brain to relax. I did a bit of drawing myself yesterday, so I know just how he feels.

Anyway, that is today. Have a splendid weekend!

~Kim~

“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”
― Josh Billings

14 comments:

Kessie said...

Oh good, I'm so glad you have someone else to draw you patterns! Makes sense that Will would be good at it. Rug patterns are just another type of graphic design. :-)

It's massively hot out here this weekend. We've got that heat that's been sitting over the Gulf Coast--8 AM and it's 95 already.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love Friday's too! Even retired ... I love the weekends. I'm glad you found a solution to your "problem" ... thank goodness for Will. ;-) Enjoy your weekend!

Christine said...

Oh your dancing witch rug is so fun! I can see why you'd be smiling! Glad your son drew some patterns to help out!
Have a relaxing weekend!

Julia said...

You are such a hooking machine. I've never seen the likes of it, honestly. Your dancing witch is adorable. How lucky can that be to have your own graphic artist to draw your patterns while he relax his brain. It will only get better from there. Have fun with the dog pattern.
Hugs,
JB

Gail said...

When I quilted I would use the simple patterns from children's coloring books.

This rug is beautiful.

TexWisGirl said...

the dancing witch is really cute.

nice you have such talented resources in your family.

Kerry said...

Super cute shoes! I look forward to seeing the dog rug.

Debbie said...

Love, love, love that rug!! It's perfect for autumn and halloween and you did such a beautiful job on it!!

Is she dancing her was to etsy?? If so, she is going to go quickly!! I love Fridays also, I'm not really sure why because everyday is a holiday for me!! Have a great weekend!!

annie said...

love the witch, she's cute!
now you are a dog person!
have a great weekend!

Glennis said...

Pretty cute witch but what is she doing on a flag.

Jacque. said...

The 'dancing witch' looks great! Keep on hookin'! xo

Kim said...

I love that witch. She looks like so much fun to hook. I'm happy you are surrounded by artists. I hate drawing out patterns.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kim! Aw! That witchie poo is so cute! I thought I had already commented on this post but I must have gotten distracted. Go figure. Happy Monday!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I love the rug. You do such a top notch job on your hooking. I also love the quote about dogs. It happens to be one of my favorites. Every time a have a cheese stick I think of you. You once told me you always share a string or two with you dog also....