Winter

Winter

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Wishing You The Best


I am finally sitting down for the first time today. The pies are in the fridge, the turkey is in brine. Cranberry's are in there too. As my daughter, Emilie and I cooked and laughed and remembered. We are so thankful for this year. Last year was hard, but having last year be hard, makes this year so good. So we decided this is a good time to be thankful for everything.

I am thankful for your comments and your wise words. I am thankful for how I have all of these friends who never fail to make me laugh, or cry, or when I need it to tell me to move on. I am thankful for your blogs and I am thankful how you have shared your life with me. I wish you the best day tomorrow. One with lots of family, food, and faith and fun.


One thing I am thankful for is last night we had guests for dinner. Our four grandsons. They all gave me thumbs up for dinner. I was honored. But the youngest who is two, very carefully and very seriously said,
" Grandma Kim, thank you so much for having us come to your house for dinner." The other echoed, but I was reminded, by his carefully worded phasing, how I need to be more thankful every single day.

So thank you so much for coming to my house, every day.

Happy Thanksgiving!
~Kim~

“When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.” ~ Tecumseh






14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so very sweet. enjoy your full house and full bellies. :)

Kim said...

Aww, sweet little boys always make grandma smile. Enjoy your feast with your family tomorrow.

Kerin said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kim, to you and your family!
I am so happy for you that this year is sweeter and you feel so blessed :)

Julia said...

You make me want to have a Thanksgiving dinner even though our was in October. I'm so glad you have your family with you for Thanksgiving. It makes its extra special.

How sweet for the little one being grateful for Grandma Kim's special dinner. You have so much to be thankful for with such a lovely family. I'm glad you're sitting down for a much deserved rest. HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
hugs,
JB

Debbie said...

Oh and I am so grateful for Your Field of Dreams and your sweet blog. I always look forward to my visits here and wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Lovely autumn shots. Sounds like a very sweet and polite grandson.

Primitive Stars said...

Beautiful Fall pictures. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, Blessings Francine.

Gail said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Jacque. said...

I am ever so thankful to you for being you. xo

Debbie said...

your leaves are soooo beautiful kim!! happy turkey day!!!!

Three Sheep Studio said...

The words and thoughts of young children are so precious. Enjoy your family as they gather together.
Happy thanksgiving to you !
Rose

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I am so glad you had a great day. I have always loved Thanksgiving. As a matter of fact I think it is my favorite or at least a tie with Christmas. I bet the boys were adorable.

Jacque. said...

I am so thankful to know you. Love reading your posts. xo

Pom Pom said...

Are you recovering okay? I bet it felt like this week flew by!