Winter

Winter

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Oh So Thankful


I was so happy I had to tell you about my day. I decided that on Wednesdays it is going to be my quilting day. I have the house mostly to myself on Wednesdays. Today, I put my iron and ironing board, my sewing machine, my cutting mat and my rotary cutter and my material and my patterns on the dining room table. I measured and cut and just had such a wonderful time playing with quilt blocks. I drew out one of the blocks for my Calendula Patterdrip.

Then the real test came when my thread broke on my machine. I hadn't realized until then why I stopped using my machine. It was because I lived in fear of my thread breaking. It would take sometimes 30 minutes to an hour to thread my machine. That would be after I would put on this head lamp thing with my glasses and a flash light. You have no idea how long it would take to change bobbins. So today, when the thread broke, I took a deep breath, and looked down and threaded the needle as quick at that. I could see the eye of the needle again.

I was so proud of myself, I was glad I was by myself, because I sat and laughed and I admit almost cried because I can sew again. I can use my machine. My singer feather weight is very dear to me and I really didn't want to have to get out one of my other machines. We have a bond you know.


I feel so thankful. Never have I been so happy about the time change. When I wake up I am so thankful for a new day. I didn't know that it would be like this. When the doctor told me that first time I saw him, that he was going to give me my life back, I really didn't understand because, well I didn't know it was gone.

This is one of my favorite passages in a little book I have called The Daily Light.

I know whom I have believed and am  persuaded that He is able.
Able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think.
Able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have and abundance for every good work.
Able to aid those who are tempted.
Able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
Able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.
Able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
Who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

"Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to Him, "Yes, Lord." "According to your faith let it be to you."

I have always looked for things to be happy about, but now, I don't have to look because it is all around me. There is a song the Ron wrote for our wedding and a few words are, " If we live for a thousand years,
we won't know to tell how deep in love we fell." Well, I feel like that every single day now.  Because that is what it feels like. Madly in love with life. Ron says it is like having a new wife. I am glad because I know how hard it was on him. So thank you all for putting up with me.

I hope you have a lovely Thursday..
~Kim~

" Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one's life with pomp and blare, like a gay knight riding down; Perhaps it crept to one's side like an old friend though quiet ways. "
---Anne of Avonlea, L.M. Montgomery, 1909

25 comments:

annie said...

Amen!!!!!!! Yes!!!

GretchenJoanna said...

Your blog must have been one means the Lord had of keeping you going, and keeping your sanity, in those years when you couldn't see very well. Because it was always lovely to visit with you here, and you were not hard to put up with then, or now. xxx

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Lovely post today.....God has given you a gift that you share freely with others....so refreshing!!

Meg said...

Such a great post! I wish I could dance with you, this is so awesome! :D

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your post! Nice to hear you are again in the sewing machine. So we can see lot more projects. Beautiful blossoms. Lord is thankful to all!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Another lovely post, Kim.
I can feel your joy at having your sight back again !
Lucky you to have a "day for yourself". Treat it as a treasure ;)
Rose

Jacque. said...

Have I told you lately what a joy it has been to know you and to read your posts? Well, if not...I have always felt blessed to have found you. You inspire and motivate me in ways you don't even know. And, now that you are with new eyes, it is even more of a joy to visit here. Your excitement is childlike and contagious...your words are so true to you. You find the most relevant words of others to share. Thank you. xo

Maryann said...

Kim, I can hear your joy in your words, I am so happy for you, it's almost like you are seeing the world through new eyes isn't it?

TexWisGirl said...

i am so very glad for you, dear kim. :)

Julia said...

Kim, I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing your happiness with us. What a great gift sight is and how we really don't appreciate something until it's gone. How we take all the greatest gifts for granted until they are gone.... We all do it.

I can't hope to see your quilt blocks. I wish you would show us pictures.

HUgs,
JB

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Awesome, so very awesome! Your joy is contagious!

I cannot wait to see this quilt ... I love all the designs from Crab Apple Hill Studio and hope to make one myself one of these days.

jennifer768 said...

So awesome that you are able to sew once more.I am so happy that I found your blog.It is always such a joy and uplifting to visit your blog.Be blessed,Jen

Kessie said...

I didn't know that was why you stopped using the sewing machine! I can't think of the last time I saw you use it--Ems always did. I'm so glad your life is back!

Beth said...

A very beautiful post!! HUGS!!

Christine said...

How wonderful for you! I'm happy to share in your joy!

Nellie said...

I continue to rejoice along with you! My sister has a featherweight machine that she has had for years and years! She sewed many, many things on it! xo Nellie

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Glory, glory! Your joy is palpable and I am so happy for you.

Miss Debbie said...

You certainly brightened MY day with this post! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see your quilting project!

Alica said...

I'm so, so happy for you! I love hearing your excitement and new appreciation for your restored sight!! You have a Singer Featherweight?? Cool! My mom has something similar.

Pom Pom said...

I love your fresh heart of appreciation! April 1 is coming and then you'll be flying around the farm!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

excellent news...rejoicing with you!

Debbie said...

Reading about your continued joy is SUCH a blessing to me! I love hearing about it. And I am excited to see you take up quilting, and looking forward to see what you create! Still soo happy for you!

Sue said...

I am rejoicing with you Kim, you have such a thankful heart, this blesses me so much. Just sew to your heart's content, don't forget to share, I always enjoy seeing your projects!
I have not been blogging this week as dh and I have been in the garden, I have been getting my hands dirty, and what a wonderful feeling to feel that warm soil. ~smile~
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs,
Sue

Dog Trot Farm said...

Dear Kim, your lovely heartfelt post opened my eyes, I must be more thankful, thankful for the little things as well as the big...I am so happy you have your life back...

Empty Nester said...

Always such inspiration in your words. So grateful that your eyesight is back in full force. I love to 'hear' the excitement in your writing!