Winter

Winter

Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Post For Kim

I have this wonderful friend, who lives in a place, closely related to the North Pole. It is snowing where she lives, and it is snowing now. In March, after spring has started. We had to go out to the foothills yesterday, and never in my life have I seen these hills be so brown. It is March, and a drive out into the foothills is normally beautiful green with wildflowers.

The only trees that you see are in peoples yards. That is how it looks here this spring. This is normally how it looks in August.

There was even a brave soul water skiing. That little boat out there. So Kim, if you need a visit, come to California. No snow, I promise.

Have a lovely day,
~Kim~

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow, that really is dry... :(

Kim said...

If they are right about the big storm coming on Wednesday, I might arrive with flip flops and shorts :)

Gail said...

I wish you rain. We had some last night but it disappeared quickly.

The hills are beautiful even naked.

Kessie said...

Gosh, they look like bare dirt. Like the drive out to Barstow. It's dry out here, but then, it's actually desert and nobody cares. :-)

Alica said...

Gail is right...it's beautiful even when it's dry. I do wish you rain, though! Soaking rain!

Pom Pom said...

Yikes. So dry. Rain, lots of it, is what I'll pray for.
I'm glad you had a fun outing!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Yikes! That's dry. :-( Scary to think what it will be like come August.

Julia said...

I might get on the plane with Kim, we are expecting another big snow storm over all the snow we already have. People are getting worried that with so much snow we might have a big flood this Spring as there a lot of snow up river into Northern Maine USA.
As long as it melts during the day and freezes at night, that OK.

I so wish that you had more rain, everything looks so brown but I bet it was a nice outing just the same..

Take care.
Hugs,
JB



Debbie said...

Perhaps a rain dance is in order!!

Dog Trot Farm said...

I do hope you get rain...Kim, Julia and I are in the same boat, I'll be joining them on the plane!!!