2. Laughter. I woke up yesterday morning, and asked Ron if he thought that skunk scent was flammable. I was thinking about something that has moved in under my shed and I was thinking of pushing leaves in and starting a fire and seeing if I could smoke it out. You know of course, how many things are wrong with this idea, like burning down my shed and my chicken coop and the fence. He was silent for a moment, and then said, " No, I don't think it is flammable, I don't think when fireman are fighting forest fires, say, " run for it, there is a skunk fireball." I thought I was going to fall down laughing so hard because I could see skunk fireballs.
4. Having grand children. I just love how they think. I love how sweet they are and fill my life with joy. Yesterday talking to the ones that live in Arizona was so nice. To see how the baby has grown. They were telling me about seeing Frozen and Brave. I told them that I hadn't even seen Tangled. My daughter asked them if there was anything scary in Tangled and their little voices all chiming in, " No, there is nothing scary in Tangled, Grandma can watch it."
6. Having the best Son-in-laws and the best daughter-in-law in the whole wide world. They bless my life so much. I was thinking about them yesterday, and thinking, how it it that my kids chose almost perfect people to marry? I love each one as much as the kids they married.
I miss seeing bees and these other bugs that creep me out but they do add a thrill when you are looking for something and there they are.
8. One thing I do love about January are the naked trees. I went to take Sasha out last night and there was a huge barn owl out where my old coop was, and he flew up into the tree and watched me. In the summer, they screech at me but I can never see them. Last night I could see him and he watched me. I found that to be thrilling. I love owls.
9. Rejoice, Renew, Inspire. My words for 2014, When I start to slide down into a slump, I remember my words, I rejoice because of the gifts I have been given. God is renewing me every single day, if I take the time to look, and inspire, well still trying to figure that one out.
10. I am thankful to be able to blog. To be able to meet people all over the world, to be able to share in lives of people I might not have met on this side of heaven. To be able to be given that gift is very precious to me.
It has I think changed my life profoundly.
I hope your Monday is a nice one. I know it will be cold for some of you. I hope you can stay warm.
The weather man says we might, maybe, the almost chance, of rain by Thursday or Friday. That gives me hope. Thank you for stopping by, I wish I could send you some of our warm weather so I will send you a warm hug. O
---Charlotte's Web, E.B.White, 1954