Winter

Winter

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving


 I just wanted to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving. It will be a lovely day for us. Our sons and wives and significant others will be having dinner here today. The weather is lovely, and fall is for here in a blaze of glory. 

I baked pies and made cranberry sauce yesterday and today I will make the rolls, potatoes and smoke the turkey, well not me of course, Ron will. I am just the helpful hint person. 

I have lots to write about, but not the time. Ron is getting ready to remove the spine from the turkey so we can have a Spatchcock Turkey. I didn't know what it was until yesterday, so we are having that. I left a link for a recipe if you were like me and didn't know what it was. 

I will be back soon. I wish you all the best day ever. I am so thankful for all of your friendships through the years, you have all been such a blessing to me. Happy Thanksgiving.

Kim


6 comments:

Saundra said...

Never heard of that type turkey cooking and I no longer cook family Thanksgiving dinner any longer. But would love to hear your thoughts so I can pass on the info and recipe to my son who does all the cooking in his house.
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Lauren said...

I have eaten a spatchcock turkey but not made one. A smoked one sounds so yummy.
I hope you had a great day with family.
xoxo

annie said...

I hope you had a wonderful day! I have had smoked turkey but not the other. I did see a photo of one done like that on a large cookie sheet to bake. I am sure it cut the cooking time considerably! Many blessings to you and your family. Annie

acorn hollow said...

I try to do that when I cook chicken too.
I hope your Thanksgiving was a good one
Cathy

Bonnie K said...

It sound delicious. Enjoy time with your family. Happy Thanksgiving.

Gretchen Joanna said...

It makes me very happy :-) to think of you celebrating with so many of your children and others. So much to be thankful for. Did you like the way the turkey turned out? My older son took charge of the turkey roasting at our feast, which included two of my children, which is better than some years ;-) We had friends and extended family, too, including five people I hadn't met before.

Here we go, on toward Christmas! <3