Winter

Winter

Friday, May 10, 2019

Guess What?

Guess who will be coming in the driveway today? Only the other direction. Isn't that exciting? Well it is for me. After a whole year of traveling the United States, in every kind of weather, they are going to be home. Of course, we would be having downpours and thunder and lighting today. The storms have chased them home.

I will get to hear all about the travels. I will get to hear all about their new place in North Carolina. I get to feed them. I get to bake and bake. I am so excited. I feel like today is better than Christmas. I am sure the boys will be taller than me.

So a very busy day today, I need to get myself in gear and get about a million things done before they make it home.
This grandma/mom is counting her blessings and feel like its the best Christmas present ever. Tonight they will be sleeping at our house.
God is so good!!

~Kim~

Today, God gives me the desires of my heart, my kids will be home. I will not count the days as they pass, but embrace every tiny bit of time we have. I will not look to the goodbyes, but to the joy of the moment. In every grain of sand, that pours from the bottle. I won't even try to catch the sand in my hand, but open my hands and give back to God freely. Following God is always better, than safety and wishing things were this or that. Dreams are hard work, and full of sweat and tears.
I am glad that our kids all have dreams and they have had the guts to accomplish those dreams.

~Kim~

13 comments:

Carol W. said...

Kim, I am ecstatic that Ben & Megan & the boys are home with you & Ron! What joy will be bursting from your home! Your heart will be full of God's blessings and for that I give God all praise & honor! What a glorious post you've shared with us today! Enjoy every second with your family! God bless you all!

Kerin said...

Yay!!
So happy for you to have B.& M. and the Grands there for bit!!
Best Mother's Day present ever!!
Enjoy your time together, soak up their cute stories and make new memories :)

Smiles for you all :)
~K.

Julia said...

I can tell that you are so happy that the kids are finally home after a year of travel.
I'm so glad for you. I can just imagine how happy the little one will be to see you again after all this time away.
Big hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

oh good happy for you there is nothing better than having your loved ones under your roof.
Cathy

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

That's just wonderful, and I know you will be so happy while they are visiting! And I'm happy for you too.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Enjoy your time with Ben, Megan and the grands.
Happy Mother's Day ❤️

TheCrankyCrow said...

Joy just radiates from this post, Kim.... Hooray!!! I am so very happy for you! Wallow in every stinking grain of that blessed sand!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

GretchenJoanna said...

YAY! I can imagine how thrilled you are. By now they are there and you are surrounded by your dear people. Love love love!

Alica said...

Hooray!! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time all together again! Hopefully you'll also get a chance to go visit them in their new place. Enjoy making memories together!!!

Gumbo Lily said...

God bless your time together. What wonderful news!

Bonnie K said...

I am very happy for you! I also enjoy baking for company. I hope their visit is long.

Sue said...

OH! Kim, I know exactly what you mean by just living in the moment when our children are home, our son and his family just left from a visit here and it was wonderful! Wishing you a very happy and blessed memorial Day weekend.
Blessings,
Sue

Debbie said...

happy days are here again...have a wonderful time with the kids!!

many thanks for your kind, warm thoughts today!!!