Winter

Winter

Friday, June 12, 2015

Back To Normal


I know normal is an illusion. As I have heard it said, " We are either in a trial, coming out of a trial or getting ready to be in a trial." I have in my pea brain tried to get away from that saying, but I think it just might be true. Ron went to work yesterday. I credit it to the prayers of my friends and the goodness of God. He came home exhausted but so glad to return to his routine. I am thankful to have my friend who walks around with me, and looks at the garden with me and just having him do normal is such a wonderful gift. His hives are almost gone. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

So just some normal things.

I dyed wool yesterday. My dye spoons continue to amaze me and I am so happy with my colors.
I am working on a mermaid rug.


She is a silhouette. I got the pattern from an old pub sign. I have wanted to do her for a long time.
I needed sea water, so yesterday I dyed the water background for her. The book I used was Vintage Colors.
Here are the the lovely wool colors that came out of the magic dye pot yesterday.

All of it really is much prettier in person. These are brighter than they really look. I can"t wait to start on the ocean. Doing black is like climbing up hill all day long.

Then a fantastic rug hooker named Julie Butler from Plumrun Creek did this fantastic rug from Buttermilk Basin. It is a summer wool runner. I liked how Julie's looked as a rug, so I decided I needed to buy a pattern and see if I could get it on backing.


I drew it out free hand. Which was so much fun. I of course, can't leave it alone so I added some stars and I am going to hook a red and white border along the bottom. It is a pretty large rug.It will be so much fun to hook next. Every thing in it makes me happy.

This makes me even happier. My first tomato. Isn't it just lovely! You have no idea how bad I wanted to just eat it fresh from the garden. I brought it in though to take its picture. We will see if I am singing this same tune come August. The little garden is so much fun and so much easier to take care of and my plants are just loaded with tomatoes. We are going into a heat wave starting today with every day triple digits so we will see how many get ripe.

Pattern by the Blue Attic
I have worked on this because having my hands busy is so much easier than panic. It finally dawned on me yesterday that I got a lot done these last few days. Though I think I need to start knitting because I think that would have been even better for my state of mind.



When I was a little girl, my Mom kept pretty much to this schedule. I asked her once, why she always ironed on Tuesdays. " She said, that if I wanted a clean house with every thing done and to have time for other things, it was best to follow this schedule." Those were the days when you had to iron and she had a big glass green coke bottle with this thing with a cork on it and holes that she would sprinkle the clothes with water. I keep hoping to find one in a antique store. I too have kept pretty much to this schedule even now. Just because it works.

I hope you have a delightful weekend. We have our pest control coming to fumigate the Volkswagen and our garage. So until that is done, Ron and Peter will not be working on cars. I am hoping for a nice, quiet, normal Saturday. It is my second oldest son's birthday. I just cannot believe how fast June is going by too.
Thank you so much for your prayers,
~Kim~

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?
Dr. Seuss

21 comments:

Julia said...

You have kept yourself busy with hooking and everything else. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole rug hooked. It does look big.

I'm so glad that Ron could be well enough to return to work. Prayers are powerful but so is Faith according to the Good Book. I think that Ron's faith in prayers was strong and it goes a long way in healing. I hope that he keeps getting strong every day.

That tomato looks so good and there will be more before you have a chance to digest that one.

Have a great weekend. I'm still weeding, lol.
Hugs,
JB

Kessie said...

Normal is wonderful after such a lousy week! It's going to be hot here, too. The lows will be in the 80s, and that's the killer, because it never really cools off.

On the other hand, my laundry dries in, like, an hour. :-)

Pom Pom said...

I'm so glad that Ron is back to work! Praise God!
Oh, your tomato looks perfect! Yay!
I love your little workday sampler! I want to make one.
It's so rainy here. It makes me want toast and tea!
Take care, good girl!

Debbie said...

Sooo glad to hear he is back to work and feeling soo much better! Praise God! And yes that tomato looks mighty good! How I love a home grown tomato!! Your new rug sketch looks soo good! Enjoy your week-end....we are heating up too but no triple digits yet...thank goodness, I am not ready! lol Glad to hear you are spraying for those nasty widows...

Christine said...

That is wonderful news! Thank you, Lord for answered prayer!
I really love Buttermilkbasin designs too and the cross stitch by the Blue
Attic.
Have a lovely normal Saturday!
God bless

TexWisGirl said...

so glad ron is back to work!!! yay! and really happy to hear you're going to get the garage fumigated!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

What an ordeal the two of you have endured--glad to hear you are on the other side.

Debbie said...

i'm glad things are back to normal....you don't realize how awesome normal is until you don't have it.

i have maybe 5 tomatoes, all green right now, i am hoping for a "bumper" crop!!!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Wonderful news, to have Ron well enough to return to work.
Prayers are being answered every day !
Have a relaxing weekend. ;)
Rose

Gumbo Lily said...

So glad you're back to "normal" and back to work. Being in the "holy rut" is a good thing, isn't it? I am so jealous of that bright red tomato! It's beautiful. That first tomato is so precious, isn't it?

GretchenJoanna said...

That looks like it could be an Early Girl - but I suppose a lot of tomatoes look like that ;-) What variety is it?

Thank goodness Ron is that much better. Glory to God!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

So glad that Ron is able to go back to work. Lucky you ... a tomato from your garden! I need to go check to see if any of my blossoms are turning into tomatoes yet. Even so, it'll still be a while before they'll be ready to pick.

Rugs and Pugs said...

So happy to hear Ron is almost back to normal...whatever that may be.
LOVE your dyed wools!!!
Garden grown tomato. YUM!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Nellie said...

How wonderful to hear that Ron has recovered enough to go into work! Happy Birthday to your son! That's a lovely tomato. We have a couple of green ones (grape) here. xo Nellie

Alica said...

I'm behind on my reading again...but am so glad to hear Ron is still on the road to a full recovery!! You must be so relieved and thankful. Thank God for bodies that heal, and for modern medicine that can intervene when horrible things happen! Counting your blessing with you all! Hope your Saturday was normal and "boring"! :)

annie said...

So thankful God answers prayers.
Hugs and blessings to you both.
Loved the pretty red one, I don't have any yet.
I loved Julie's work, it will be fabulous when you finish it.
Hope to see your mermaid!
Speaking peace to your hearts and your home!

BlueShell said...

I had to go down some posts to understand what was going wrong with him...Oh My...a spider?

thank God he's better now. I pray for him and for you also.

Going back to work is good for you. you are very talented.

Thank you for sharing your work.

God Bless You.

blueshell.azurara.net

Kerin said...

Yay for normal!!
I love normal life, and the peace that comes with normal, and routine. I am so glad that Ron is on the mend, and felt well enough to return to work.
You did get a lot done!! I'm impressed!!
Love the silhouette rug, and the summer rug looks like it will be so fun to hook.
Good thing to have the bug guy come out, and take care of any nasty spiders. That will give you peace of mind.

I like the little stitchery that you are working on. I do like to get my wash done on Mondays {bedding and the like}... it seems very pilgrim ~ like to me, but it's ok. I like the old fashioned ways :)

Sending belated "Happy Birthday" wishes to the birthday boy!!
Hope he had a great one!!
Hope that this week is a good one for you all.

~K.

Anonymous said...

Very happy to hear than Ron is back to normal life. Beautiful flowers. Color of the dyed wool is good. The design which you have drawn looks beautiful. I too very eager to eat the tomato from our garden. You have at least patience to bring it to take photo...

Far Side of Fifty said...

I came over from Gails, my goodness what an ordeal. I am so glad your hubby is going to be okay. I am surprised that the Doctors didn't keep him in the hospital a few days:(

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I am so glad he is better- that was scary! I love your dyed wools- the colors...I would enjoy just that part alone. The pattern is pretty and will make a beautiful rug.