Winter

Winter

Friday, January 23, 2015

A Quick Post

I thought I would stop in and write a quick post. Though I have lots of good features with my new, updated O.S. ( operating system) It isn't for me like riding a bike. Everything I do takes a lot longer. Not to mention this morning my computer told me it had 46 updates to post. So all day, it would shut down and do a restart.
I can type fast but not that fast. It will be nice once I learn how to get pictures again. I think I am almost there. Ron who is affectionately thought of now as my training wheels. He can come in do a little of this and a little of that and things work. Me on the other hand feel sad and lost.

 I told him last week right before he started the computer chores.  I said, "I want you to remember no matter what happens, I love you." I have tried not to glare, and complain and I have tried to be nice. There are times though, I am just not a good communicator. Words leave me. Things come out like that thing over there and those programs that used to do this. Nothing coherent. Which of course, leads me to think fondly of picking up a stick and beating this computer to death. Not Ron of course, but well, this morning, it did cross my mind. The father of my children and all of that.  Not really, one of my sons was sitting in the room and he would have been appalled at his mother.

Good news though, after seven months, I finally had a repairman fix my oven. I now have both of my ovens working and I am so excited. I never burnt the house down. The broiler never came on by itself while we were asleep nor did it happen when I was cooking a big dinner. I am lost without both ovens. Since I never post recipes, just because I am lazy and I hate typing out recipes you would think I don't cook. I cook constantly. I like cooking. In fact, next to sewing, cooking is my other favorite hobby. Like tonight I made chicken curry and fried rice. I was so happy to see my boys and Ron go back over and over for seconds and thirds. Now I can start baking again. I have missed that.

Okay, then after that the next thing I like is chickens and gardening. Followed closely by cleaning house. I thought I would share that too. I realized I really like cleaning house. Okay, stopping here I said quick post.
I have one of those update things blinking on and off and it said, " Your computer will restart in 8 minutes." I feel like I am on a space ship.
Have a lovely weekend,
~Kim~
All pictures on this post are old ones because I am still trying to figure out how to get new ones off my camera.
From Child's Garden of Verses
               Winter-Time
Late lies the wintry sun a-bed,
A frosty, fiery sleepy-head;
Blinks but an hour or two; and then,
A blood-red orange, sets again.

Before the stars have left the skies,
At morning in the dark I rise;
And shivering in my nakedness,
By the cold candle, bathe and dress.

Close by the jolly fire I sit
To warm my frozen bones a bit;
Or with a reindeer-sled, explore
The colder countries round the door.

When to go out, my nurse doth wrap
Me in my comforter and cap;
The cold wind burns my face, and blows
Its frosty pepper up my nose.

Black are my steps on silver sod;
Thick blows my frosty breath abroad;
And tree and house, and hill and lake,
Are frosted like a wedding cake.
---Robert Louis Stevenson---

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, you poor dear! that would be VERY frustrating! bless ron, but yikes! glad you got the oven fixed! awesome!

Gail said...

It is good that you have in house help.

My sister has windows eight and we are all still learning that!

Have a blessed weekend.

Jacque. said...

Always good to have a computer geek in your corner. ~grin~ xo

Debbie said...

Oh I feel ya. I got a new computer a YEAR ago and I am STILL figuring it out and there are a few things I have just given up on. I have thought SOO many times what I wouldn't give to have somebody who knew it all and could SHOW me, lol. Glad you got your oven back! Enjoy your week-end!

Meg said...

I had to catch up, I didn't know you got your computer fixed! And your oven fixed! Yay!! I bet you will sleep better now, knowing it's not going to be like Brave Little Toaster and come alive or anything. ;) I am glad you're having fun cleaning. Do you have Spring Fever yet? It's been bad around here. Ben and I are both itching for sun and warm weather to get started on all of our outdoor projects.

Christine said...

Oh how computer OS bring heartache, I know and send hugs or maybe a stick!!
Glad at least the oven is working and full tummies make for a happy family!

Three Sheep Studio said...

I love to hear that you enjoying cooking. With your big family , I'm sure you are a GOOD cook !
I hope you soon feel comfortable with the computer changes.
Rose

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I wish I enjoyed cooking ... I think I do ... until I actually have to do it. Although I did try a new recipe last night. It was quick and easy and tasted great.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Fun post.oh this computers, you get them to where you know how to use them and something changes...I am dealing with that also. Yeah! on oven. I can so relate to so many of these feelings. Enjoy your weekend.

Julia said...

You're so funny Kim, I know it would take a huge amount of frustration for you to take a stick and beat up Ron, hahaha. Then you would have to really kill that computer because Ron would not dare touch it, lol...

All kidding aside, I have to say I have tons of patience but not for a crazy computer. I think I would just go and buy a new one instead of getting frustrated all the time. Life is too short....

I'm glad that your ovens are fixed. I love cooking too but I have so many other interests. I never seem to have enough time to do everything I love doing.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
JB

Gumbo Lily said...

I hope your computer "gets well" soon so you have more time to visit with us. Keep on the Sunny Side!

Kessie said...

Mom. Turn off automatic updates. There is NOTHING in them that will improve your computer, and every update makes it slower. Say enough's enough and turn it off. This is how they make you buy a new computer--they ruin your old one. I NEVER run automatic updates and I barely ever get viruses or anything.

Rugs and Pugs said...

If you run out of things to clean you can come to my house :)
Lucky you to have your own computer guru. I could use one, too.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

Yay for getting your oven fixed. I'm a lazy cooker all week but try and make up for it on weekends

Anonymous said...

I knew you were a good cook :-) And too busy cooking and doing all those other things you love to type out recipes, for which I admire you! So glad you have two ovens now!!