This morning I was sitting and watching the sun come up over the mountains. I was thinking of all of the things I love about April. These are a few of the things I love about April.
2. The long evenings. Sitting outside is warm enough to sit and watch the sun set and then as the twilight deepens and the shadows deepen the sky turning to velvet and then the stars blinking one by one.
3. The wonderful smell of spring and how there is just the hint of orange blossoms, rose petals and now jasmine and mock orange.
I have and sit outside watching them every day.
6. Cadbury Mini Eggs.
7. Spring Vacation.
8. The mockingbirds singing in the morning and watching them jump high in the sky and do little back flips because they are just so happy. Like my chicks running and jumping in feathery little bits of joy .
9. Watching all of the new birds flying in for a visit and then flying on. I see so many stopping to take a bath in the swimming pool.
10. Just life, I am aware of how blessed I am and how happy I feel most of the time, but in April there just seems to be nice things all around.
"The world is so full of a number of things,
I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings."
R.L.Stevenson---A Child's Garden of Verses.