Friday, September 7, 2012
A Good Week
Here is my list of the good things that happened this week:
1. Emilie and Nik got engaged.
( We found her wedding dress and bought it today. )
2. My son that lives at home that has been looking for a job since he graduated, he found one.
4. My oldest son came by the other afternoon and we got to sit and visit. It was so nice to get caught up with him and you know I am really proud of my kids but sitting there listening to him I was reminded of how blessed I have been and how proud I am of him as a man, as a father and as a husband. I am thankful to have been given this gift to see them become men and women.
6. My wonderful daughter Megan, posted pictures today of it not being Friday at her house but Fort Day. Her living room was filled with blankets and cushions and it was wonderful to know how my grand kids have such wonderful mommies.
7. My husband worked in town all week. I got to sleep until 5:30 every day. It was heaven. I feel like my old happy self and not some zombie walking around trying to get my work done.
8. Last night my son and my daughter who work at the same place were driving home at night. People kept driving up beside them and saying, " Hey, your back tire is pretty low you better be careful." Today when my husband looked at it there was nail in it. I was thankful that there are nice people in the world, and my kids were safe and then when he went to have the tire repaired the man said " No charge, come in on another day when I can charge you for something."
So it was a really good week. It was nice to see all of the nice things that happened. There are some weeks when the good does outweigh the bad.
Have a lovely weekend,