Winter

Winter

Monday, July 27, 2009

Spaghetti sauce day


This is what I picked this morning. I finally have enough tomatoes and bell peppers
so I can make a batch of spaghetti sauce. The only thing I don't like about this job is that
it makes the house stink. I don't like the smell of cooking tomatoes.
But, I love the taste of homemade sauce so it balances out. I might add that
I have never been able to grow enough tomatoes to make sauce on my own.
It has to be the bees.

We found three avocados on the tree yesterday!! Again, thanks to the bees!
On to the kitchen!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Does the BBQ have a burner on it? Maybe you can put the pot out there to cook. Or I guess just open up all the windows while you're cooking.

Farm Girl said...

Hi Megan,
It is so weird, today I made a different recipe and all of the kids think it smells great. It just smells like normal sauce. They all said it makes them hungry. I am cooking it down now and I am thinking I will put it into jars when the dishwasher stops with my hot jars. I forgot how messy it is using the food grinder. It's good though, I get to clean the kitchen and the cabinets. :)