Winter

Winter

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Good Old Summertime


 When I woke up this morning, I thought, Its wonderful Wednesday! I kept thinking of all of the good things I wanted to do today. First, get up and go outside and drink coffee. I wanted to watch the moon before the sun came up. (its a brand new moon.) Then watch the sun come up. (Its over Greenhorn now.) 

I sat and breathed in the summer air. Warm and toasty. No air conditioners were running. So it was very quiet and there was still crickets chirping. I said to myself, you better hurry, Mr. Cricket, better get that wife pretty soon. 

I watered my pots of Chrysanthemum that really should be pulled out but in my mind, I still have that secret desire to make Chrysanthemum tea. Here is what I found about it.

 "Chrysanthemum tea is said to have a host of health benefits, and it has definitely become my go-to when I’m feeling under the weather. It may help you reduce inflammation, serve as a good source of vitamins A and C, and lower blood pressure and cholesterol". 


My tiny herb garden still needs plants. I have been so picky about plants since I moved here. Having a smaller place, I have to really think about what I want things to look like. I can't go all willy-nilly like at my other house. There are things I still miss like my pots of mints. I need to plant things in the fall when it gets cooler. They say we could have temps 113-115 by the weekend. Last time they said that we got monsoon clouds and it never got that hot here. It that hot in the desert. Where you expect it to be hot. 


I got out my camera this week. I had got lazy just using my phone. I think I have the brain power to take pictures again. Wow!! What a learning curve. I forgot everything, even how to plug in the memory card to my computer. I had to fool and fool with it and finally I was able to get pictures I liked. Its going to take a lot of refresher courses on my part to remember how to use my camera. When life is in upheaval I loose my creativity. My life has been pretty crazy the last few years. I keep telling myself, life is never going to be perfect, so you have to be creative in spite what is going on inside of me. Creativity is where my soul settles down and peace happens and I forget what is going on in the world. I keep telling myself, I can't change it so why do I give myself airs thinking by worrying about it, it will help. To live life in spite of the storms that sometimes come from unexpected places. At the first of the year, my words were Enchanted by the Unexpected. Now in July, I hope I can continue to do that. 


I am going to hook today, and listen to "The Unexpected Mrs. Polifax. The books were written by a lady name Dorthy Gilman. That is the first one. I got my books from Audible read by Barbara Rosenblatt. I love when its hot outside to listen to the antics of Mrs. Polifax. What could be any nicer than that? 

I hope you have a wonderful day,

Kim


"In the morning when Mrs. Pollifax awoke she realized at once that a fateful day was beginning. She lay and thought about this dispassionately, almost wonderingly, because to every life there eventually came a moment when one had to accept the fact that the shape, the pattern, the direction of the future was entirely out of one's hands, to be decided unalterably by chance, by fate or by God. There was nothing to do but accept, and from this to proceed, doing the very best that could be done.”
Dorothy Gilman, (The Unexpected, Mrs. Polifax.)

5 comments:

Saundra said...

Boy I know about the willy nilly planting as that is exactly what I did on this property 22 years ago. The vinca minor (periwinkle) which I thought would never begin has overwhelmed a lot of the property. Same with a few other plants. But perhaps if I keep cutting it down like grass it will eventually die off.

I need to heed Mrs. Pollifax's wisdom.

acorn hollow said...

What a lovely post. I love the mornings when things are quiet the one reason we do not like air conditioning as we have the one noisy window unit and can not sleep or think with it on.Today is delightful and dry but of course I had to work. I agree you just have to be creative no matter what I do think we can come up with a million excuses.
I have heard of Dorothy Gilman but never read her books. I do think she is a very old author.
enjoy your day
Cathy

Julia said...

I've had those moments when I feel brain dead and it's usually when I'm dead tired but I rely on the web to remind me how to do those technical things I forgot and it usually comes back to mind.

I hope that you didn't get all that heat. I think I would have difficulty breathing with such heat.
I hope your creativity comes back.

Hugs,
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hello Sweet You.... I have not forgotten my reply to you...truly. I just have been in silent mode. Apparently not silent enough according to some. Your flowers are looking lovely. I do not know how you manage to keep them alive with heat like that. My flowers flop over and give up when we have temps above 90 it seems....no matter how much water I give them. We had a few very uncharacteristically hot days, then lots of rain, and now an unseasonable chill has settled in. It is to be in the 40's overnights. I think a fire in the fireplace will be in order tonight. I am not familiar with the books or even the author, but enjoyed the brief excerpt you shared. I'll have to look them up. Ahhh, cameras...yes...I have been meaning to get back to "real" photos as well... But the camera I was familiar with was an old, old, 35 mm but something went wrong with it and I can no longer transfer photos from it to the pc....and I can no longer get the memory disks for it. My son gave me his old one, but I lost the transfer cable for it and, despite many attempts, have not managed to purchase the correct replacement. But my eyes have shifted and my phone no longer captures truly what I see. Hugs ~r~

The Padre said...

Excellent Post - Enjoy Your Weekend

Cheers