Winter

Winter

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy 2020


Here we are at a new year, and the decade of the 20s. Wouldn't it be fun to wear flapper dresses, hats and dance the Charleston? Men wear suits and hats and we drive those great big cars? Since I am a fan of hats, I think I would love it and of course, I have always wanted a flapper dress. Not too wild about the hair styles though.

Did you make any New Year plans? I didn't because my plans are pretty much the same as they were in 2019. But my word for the year is brave. I have to be brave. Ron's is freedom. Its kind of laughable talking of freedom living in California. We had the first showing of our house on New Year's Eve. Our house isn't on the market yet. Its not even ready. But it was a large family who needs space for animals. The lady is a therapist who needs room for horses. She uses them in her practice and she is currently boarding them and wants them on her property. They liked it very much, but we haven't even figured out what we are going to ask for it.

That is why I need to brave, because I really just wanted to throw up, seeing them walk through it and walk in the pasture. I have to hold my picture in my mind of my grandkids to be able to do this.


Other than that its pretty boring around here. I will begin to clean and clean and clean. I have cleaned and thrown away and I think everything multiplies in the night. We have decided to hire a painter to paint all of the cabinets. Which is a big relief I won't have to do the kitchen.


We have had nice weather this winter. When you watch the news if you do watch the news and they say The Grapevine. That is us. So when its snowy, its really cold here. We live in the middle of the state. We are not Southern California, with Hollyweird  and we aren't Northern California with the fires. We are just oil and farming, which the Governor and the state legislature wants to destroy.

So I will stop for now, this could get political and I don't want to ever do that.

I hope you have a lovely New Year,

~Kim~

“All shall be well, all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.”
---Julian of Norwich, Revelations of Divine Love.

8 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

That would be wonderful to sell your house and property without having to go through a realtor. That saves a TON of money. I hope you can make it work.
It's very sad what is going on in California (and elsewhere in this great Land of ours) and you are welcome to make a political statement, IMHO. People just have to be so politically correct while our nation is going to hell in a handbasket. My son is so happy to no longer live in CA.
Happy New Year to my very BRAVE California friend :)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy, Happy, New Year dear Kim. Wow....a go missing for a few measly months and you’re selling your amazing home and moving???? Yikes! I get the grandkids thing though...well, I can imagine “getting” it as I have not blessed with any yet. I think that your chosen word must be perfect then. I have a difficult time uprooting even from the humblest of settings. I pray that the transition becomes smoother as you get closer. I had a difficult time watching people come through my mom’s home when she went to Assisted Living. Thankfully, my little brother dealt with most of it....but, to this day, I don’t drive by it as it is still painful. I can’t imagine with my own home. I hope the first 2 days of 2020 have been good to you....I would love to travel back to the roaring 20’s. A friend of mine insisted that I looked like I belonged there LOL...I could never figure out what she saw in me that made her say that, but I do find I am drawn to movies and shows that portray that era. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

GretchenJoanna said...

I would hate to be in the house or even on the property when people are looking to buy it.

You are brave.

Three Sheep Studio said...

I have a friend who lives on a lovely homestead. She told me a home should serve you. When it doesn’t, then it is time to move on and permit another family to make a life and memories. Your memories will always be with you as you step forward and create new memories. I hope you have a wonderful and healthy New Year, Kim.
Rose

Debbie said...

i am so happy to see you today, and read your update...i have missed you!!

i think if people came to look at my house, in anticipation of buying it, i would not want to be home!!

i'm glad you hired a painter, you should have had him paint the entire house but painting the cabinets will be a tremendous help!

Pom Pom said...

You should write down everything you do in the cleaning arena, every day. Think about how good it will feel when you look back on it. You are brave.

Sue said...

Happy New Year Kim, great words for the new year. I am slowly trying to get back to blogging. Good luck with selling your home.
Blessings,
Sue

Bonnie K said...

Good luck on your new endeavors. I'm excited to see how things turn out. You will have to be brave. Hold strong.