Winter

Winter

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Almost Thanksgiving


Good Morning! Its almost time for Thanksgiving. This has been one fast year don't you think?
2020 is just around the corner. We have been busy getting the house ready. Ron should and hopefully finish the roof today. Then we will begin painting well, not real soon, because we have some great storms coming next week. I feel sorry for people who have to travel this next week.


I imagine we will get frost next week. The snow is supposed to be really low. Perfect for cooking. I love cooking on rainy days and I love a  gloomy Thanksgiving.  A couple of weeks ago a lady in my Thursday morning Bible Study invited me to Bible Study Fellowship. For the day class. I haven't gone to the day class since 1989. I went with all of the kids to the evening women's class when I had all of the kids home. So its been awhile. I enjoyed it so much I signed up. Now I go to Wednesday and Thursday.

Its so different from years ago. What is different too is me. For one thing I am 30 years older. The baby I had then is thirty. I was thinking about it sitting there in the church last week. How my life has changed from then to now. I ran across a verse yesterday that said it better than I can.



"I am accomplishing a work in your days. A work which you will never believe though some one should describe it to you." Acts 13:41

I have never seen that verse before and I have gone through this study, Acts of the Apostles, three times.
I think it will be my verse for 2020. I will cling to this as God continues to lead us to the next chapter of our life. But looking back at our life has been just that, because if someone would have told me that my life would be as it continues to be, I would not believe it.

I am very, very thankful and very small. Do you ever feel very small? When you look around you and think, "how can this be me?" I do all of the time. I think of the dark threads, that outline the light threads, and I see how the pattern of my life continues to focus and get more and more clear. Things 30 years ago that I thought I had to have, are not the things I need now. Looking at houses, because I have a little bit, I find really all I need is something to keep the rain off and a few garden beds to feed us. I still never can buy a house for what it looks inside, but for what is out in the yard.


I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving next week. When we built this house in 2001, the Lord gave me this verse." How long will you mourn? Fill your lamp with oil and GO, I will send thee. I have provided." 1 Samuel 6:1" Twenty years later, as I look back, God did just what He said, He has provided and took care of us in ways I never dreamed. I am also glad he gave me a new verse.

There is a book title I love. "If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.?" I have one of my legs out of the boat now, but I am still clinging to the side of the boat. I hope to at least to walk on water in 2020.

Have a lovely and blessed Thanksgiving.

~Kim~

Life continues to move as such a fast pace. We have doubled in number from when this picture was taken and they have gone out to other places to make their impact on the world. God is good.

6 comments:

lil red hen said...

Such a sweet and meaningful post. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Pom Pom said...

What a cute photo! I love your thinking about moving. God does take care of us, doesn't He? xoxoxoxo

Rugs and Pugs said...

2019 sure did fly by...as will 2020.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Kessie said...

Oh wow, I like that verse! I'm just holding to my verses about perseverance. I'm always glad when they pop up. Hebrews 10:35-36 is my lifeline right now.

Debbie said...

i love thanksgiving kim, a more relaxed holiday in my opinion. a holiday all about food and being together, being thankful. i also love it because i don't have to cook anymore, we go to my nieces and although we all bring a dish or 2, it is just so much easier. plus, she is a wonderful hostess!!!

pretty images of fall, i hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!

peggy said...

I so much appreciate your post. It is worth reading often. Happy Thanksgiving and visiting with me.