Winter

Winter

Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday Morning


Its Friday morning and I am cleaning house.  Well sort of, I am on the computer now. I have plans though.
I have jury duty on Monday. All day. At the courthouse. Sitting. Watching people. I am supposed to get there at 7:30 A.M. The courts won't even be open until 9:00 They don't send a bailiff to get you until 10 ish.
Then you and a million other people walk behind the Sheriff deputy like a bunch of ducks walking single file and then you wait outside a courtroom until the judge and his lawyers decide to call you in and then you wait some more. From 8 to 5. When I was a kid, your service times were a whole week. Things are better now because it is only one day. Then I will be good for a year. I am so glad I am getting this out of the way now. I am trying to be a good sport about it.


I am going to be able to get 10,000 steps easily by just walking back and forth to the court house from my car. I am going to take my lunch and have a picnic in my car at lunch time. I am going to take a couple of books with me and my headphones and listen to audio books as I wait. I might even be like Charles Dickens and write character sketches while I wait.  I am going to look at this as a adventure and not something to be endured. I figure that me and a million other people don't want to be there either so I can just be happy about it and see who God lets me see or meet that day.

A bunny we saw at the beach.
Well, now that I have whined a little about my day on Monday. I need to get to cleaning my house. Because you know, I might never come back from there and someone might come in and say I was a dirty house cleaner. I have my menus made out and my crock pot ready to go, because some one might starve while I am gone. My brain drives me crazy.

Have a lovely weekend, we had lovely rain yesterday and cold today. It feels like winter.
I love the seasons.
~Kim~

“The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances.”  Elisabeth Elliot, Keep a Quiet Heart.

10 comments:

Julia said...

You have Jury duties once a year? Here, I've been called to jury duties only once in my life and when I got there, I waited with the others in the court room until someone came in after a while and said, the judge's mother died and the trial is postponed. You can all go home. That was it.

My house is a mess and my shoulder has been paining because of the bitter cold and I'm not feeling like cleaning much lately. I admire you for your priorities. As I age, my priorities seems to change. My cleaning spells comes in little spurts.lol.

Good luck with your jury duties.
Hugs, Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

Can you take some hand work along or are needles and such banned? God knows you might try to stab someone...lol!
At least it's only for one day ;)
Lauren

Debbie said...

i'm glad you changed your header picture, i love that one. i don't qualify for jury duty because i have MS and that does not bother me one bit. it seems to me you just did it??

my house is rarely a mess, it just always needs dusting and i hate doing that!! i use the auto vacuuming for that part of cleaning!!!

Ida said...

Jury duty can be a pain. - Love the beach shot & that cute little bunny.

GretchenJoanna said...

That all sounds like a good plan. I'll be looking forward to hearing what happens!!

Empty Nester said...

You're better than I! There is no way I'd find a positive way to look at this because wasting time drives me nuts. There has to be a better way to respect the time of others. I do admire your positivity. How was the beach? The bunny seems to like it. :)

Mahala said...

I always loved jury duty. I live in a very tiny community and it was a great way to get the inside scoop on the latest juicy gossip.

Alica said...

You make me laugh...the part about cleaning your house in case you never come back home and someone thinks you keep a dirty house! :) That would be my house every day. Sometimes I just don't feel like keeping up with it because it's just going to get dirty again! I hope your jury duty goes well! I've done it twice in my life...once I got picked for a jury. It was interesting but stressful.

Mary said...

One of the perks of aging is no more calls for Jury Duty!
Not long after I became a US citizen some years ago, was picked for an entire year as a member of the Grand Jury. We met for one entire day a month to decide which cases were to go to trial. It was a very serious (we were locked in a room) undertaking, but probably one of the most educational years of my life. Crime had never been more than what I watched on TV programs - this was real life and absolutely incredible, and often very sad (e.g.child abuse cases). I also learned where not to stop for gas after dark - favorite places of drug dealers - how young our wonderful/brave police officers are, and detectives love to wear hats! Told you, it was an education!!!!

Happy day - Mary

Gumbo Lily said...

I love your beach header!! And all your other beachy photos. You've got an excellent attitude about your jury duty day. You might as well make the best of it.