Winter

Winter

Monday, August 14, 2017

Mid Summer Brag Post


Its mid summer and my flowers are tired of the heat. School starts for some of the schools on Wednesday. The boys that still live at home go back to school next Monday. I can smell that smell of school starting when I walk outside. I always wonder what changes in the earth to make that smell. The light has changed into that golden soft light. The trees are tired and the leaves are starting to fall slowly now. I notice now in a way I don't think I did before I started blogging. The birds are beginning to migrate. It seems too early. This last week, I sat outside and tried to identity the bird songs that were new.


 I know that I am doing too much when I start doing silly things. Peter takes a thermos to work with coffee in it each morning. I always make the coffee for him when he gets in the shower. I made his coffee I thought and left and went outside as I was doing something. When I came back in he was pouring it out. " I said, Wait, don't do that! I just made it! He said, " Mom you forgot to put in the coffee!" He was very sweet about it, but I knew that I needed to slow down and not start going off in ten different directions. 


I walked out to the mailbox that same day and there was a Amazon package for me in the mail box.
I was walking back up the driveway, I was thinking to myself, "What have I ordered? I was going through my mind and for the life of me I couldn't remember ordering anything. I walked in the house and I opened the package and its a lovely surprise from Kessie.


Her first book in a series of cozy mysteries!! I have read up to chapter 4 and I am enjoying it and its cute and fun. Then Ron picked it up yesterday and he read it and finished it. ( He laughed and enjoyed it so much by the way.)  I will be able to finish it this week. I don't know how to describe what it feels like when I am standing in the kitchen with a book my daughter has written and she did the cover art too. I have no idea how in the world she does it. She has five kids who she home schools as well. Not to mention she cooks every thing from scratch. Her oldest is 10 and the baby is going to be two in November. She has her hands very full.

Yet, she always manages to write a little every day and draw. I think the thing that always gets to me, is while I was home schooling her and the others in the dark ages of home schooling. There wasn't a day in my 25 years of teaching that I didn't worry I was destroying their lives and would they be able to get along in society. When I opened that package, standing in my kitchen, its more than just a book which is lovely. Its what I find that is so important about teaching at home. The ability to be able to design a curriculum to fit the learning and teaching style of each child.  Kessie was always an artist and a writer. She just happened to take after her Dad who is very smart. It always goes back to God though. He is the designer and He is the one who deserves all of the glory. Because He was always faithful. I love this time of life. I get to see how each of them are living their lives. Each and every single one just keeps me in total amazement. It is beyond any thing I ever dreamed or thought. I just wanted them to know God personally. I knew He would never fail them. I knew I would. I am so glad He is faithful in the small things.






Well that's from my fence post for today. I hope you have a great week!

~Kim~

“At no other time (than autumn) does the earth let itself be inhaled in one smell, the ripe earth; in a smell that is in no way inferior to the smell of the sea, bitter where it borders on taste, and more honeysweet where you feel it touching the first sounds. Containing depth within itself, darkness, something of the grave almost.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters on Cézanne

11 comments:

Julia said...

What a beautiful post and it shows that you did a fantastic job. You have very talented kids. I have watched some of Kessie's home video but I never have time to watch them all and I know that she is very talented and smart.

Your Morning Glory flowers are real little troopers to keep on blooming even in high temperature.

Congratulations to your daughter for her new book. She is very creative.
Take care and just slow down. As we get older, we find out that we have to slow down.

Hugs, Julia

Debbie said...

on different ends of the earth, your garden is tired - mine is coming to life!!!

i think as parents, we always worry - we worry about every choice and decision we make. everything we feed them, everything we do in front of them...as we go off in 10 different directions!! we don't need to worry any more kim, what's done is done....and all the bad stuff will give them something to talk about in therapy!!!!

congrats on your daughters book, how exciting for both of you!!! (and i have had many moments just like yours, while holding an amazon box!!!!)

Pom Pom said...

Proud mama! It IS amazing that Kessie can do all she does! Huge applause!
Really? You can smell fall already? I don't think I can.
Now I'm looking forward to my morning coffee.

Three Sheep Studio said...

You have done a good job, Kim.
This was a beautiful post. (Lovely flowers, too!)
Congratulations to your daughter on her many books.
To homeschool so many AND find time to write books... it must be very important to her to have that creative outlet.
Rose

Kessie said...

Aww, you make me blush! I'm glad it was such a nice surprise. I can't wait to get the second one finished and out there!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Congrats to your amazing Kessie. I bet there is a lot of you in her. You done good, mom :)

Susan Kane said...

God bless her and keep her, make His face to shine upon her, and grant her peace!

What a wonderful woman she is.

Nancy said...

So fun to sit here and read your post and reflect on just how much mothers are alike..We all worry about every little thing but God uses it all to shape them into the person He wants them to be......I know you are so proud of your daughter and all your kids....Visiting you is like visiting home....

Empty Nester said...

I don't know what I'd do if I had never met you via blogging. Coming to your blog and reading makes me feel a peace and calm and a sense of belonging. It's a place to feel loved and welcome. I believe God knew I needed you to be my friend even though we haven't met in person. :) Of course your girl did the artwork as well as write the book. You whole family is so talented!

Sue said...

This is so awesome of Kessie's book being published, I can only imagine how proud you and Ron are! You both are reaping the rewards of the investments you made in your children's lives, under the direction of God our Father! I am so happy for all!
Kim, you are so awesome, I love seeing life through your eyes!
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

John said...

It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work !. Thank you for this wonderful Article! I also have something for you. you can Check here