Winter

Winter

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

10 Things I Love About Summer

No sunflowers yet.
This morning after I got my attitude adjusted. I realized how happy I am that its summer. Ron has to get up at 4:00 A.M. now to get ready for work. For some odd reason, I wake up every hour until he gets up. By then I am awake. I get out of bed then and go fix his lunch, pour coffee, and start laundry. I feed Sasha her breakfast and her doggie vitamins and minerals. Ron will come in by then and cook his breakfast. I know since I am in the kitchen I should make his breakfast too, but he likes how he cooks his eggs better than how I would cook them. (I don't do over easy.) He leaves for work, and the sun isn't up, and I suppose I could go back to bed, but I never do. Because I love mornings. Especially summer mornings. All of that above so I could give you my list.

1. The smell of toasty air and grass and the first cutting of Alfalfa hay. Nothing better than that smell of that first cutting of hay.


2.    School is out. I love when school is out. I love seeing the moms at the store buying popsicles and how happy everyone is to be doing summer things, like trips to the library, swimming lessons.


3.  I love having coffee and sitting on the patio in the mornings.

4.  Spraying off the porches in my bare feet.
5  Watching the garden grow.
6. Putting my feet in the swimming pool in the evenings and talking with the boys and Ron as the sun goes down and watching the deepening twilight. 


  7. Cutting fresh flowers and making bouquets in my blue antique canning jars.
8.  Getting rid of clutter and cleaning my shed and getting my hen house cleaned.
9. Walking in the early morning and feeling the pasture begin to wake up. 
10. Sitting outside watching my chickens. I love watching chickens. 
Adorable Freddy. He saves bugs for me. 
Thank you for stopping by this morning. I could have added more to this list. Like sewing and reading and swimming. There seems to be just so many things to do that the day isn't long enough. I hope your day is wonderful and full of all of the summer delights.

~Kim~

As long as you have a window, Life is exciting---Gladys Taber


***All photos are from gardens past.*** except for Freddy and the tomato. Those are from this year.

8 comments:

Kessie said...

So much fun to play in the dirt! We were up at 4:30. It was light and the doves were cooing. It didn't feel nearly as early as it did a month ago.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh how I wish I was a morning person!!!
Great post.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Debbie said...

i LOVE spring, fall and winter...i use to love mornings, when the boys were little, now i just sleep right through them and i really hate that!!

your hydrangeas are gorgeous, i LOVE the color!!

Pom Pom said...

Yay for summer mornings! Yours sound just right.
That's funny that Ron is fussy about his over-easy eggs.

Empty Nester said...

We're on our third day of rain and it has been GLORIOUS! The temp only went up to 70 today. I used to love to get up early and walk Tucker, we were in and out by 5:30 every morning. Now, I'm too tired by the end of the day to do it on the days I have Marcy until 5:30 or later. I have no stamina. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. I keep thinking I'll get used to it but I'm still exhausted on those days. I'm just old. LOL

Julia said...

Oh! 4:00am is real early. My husband used to get up at 4:00 am until I told him, 'Why don't you let the cows sleep in a little longer", They will give more milk"... I'm not a morning person and I usually get up at 5:00am but since I wake up several times a night, I always feel sleepy after I'm back from the barn. Apparently, I don't get enough sleep. Not getting enough sleep make a person not think clearly so I need a nap once in a while after breakfast. George is now getting up after me.

I have a litany of things to be thankful for every morning and it's all good.

I love your neat library. I've given away a lots of books and I'm trying to down size but I doubt I'll ever succeed. lol...

Your tomatoes are growing fast. I just put mine in the garden this afternoon. It was rather hot and sunny today.

Take care dear friend and enjoy your mornings.

Smiles & hugs

Gumbo Lily said...

I like your top ten things about summer. It could have been my own list. I was just outdoors moving the sprinkler at 9:15 at night. I love how still it is and cool and the birds are saying good night.

Happy Summer to YOU!

acorn hollow said...

Oh that bright moon kept me awake all night so sleepy start this morning. You are right to love summer it is one short season here we are finally out of the rain for awhile.
Cathy