Winter

Winter

Friday, May 20, 2016

Grandma Camp Weekend!


This is Grandma Camp Weekend. Ben and Megan's 10th anniversary is today. I picked the boys up yesterday and we went to lunch. Then we came home and we have been busy, drawing, eating and riding scooters. Right now, I think they must be getting tired as they are quiet, it could also be that they talked Uncle Elliot into playing Minecraft. So I am writing a blog.

I thought I would share with you. It is now Skunk 1 and Sasha 0. She was out at midnight minding her own business when a skunk decided it needed to make its power felt. It was too. My house reeked. Sasha had to be sprayed with that de skunk smell stuff and had to drip dry and then the next morning I had to give her a bath. She is good now, but now she has a vendetta with that skunk. The skunk must have moved under my shed because she went crazy this morning trying to dig it out. Aw Spring.

 The boys are wanting lunch now. Time for me to figure out lunch for them. I need a nap. I don't know if they will or not.

I have to show you this picture from last weekend. We have new neighbors and they had a yard sale. The early birds are serious about their finds. This one lady pulled in and her truck was already loaded down.
We managed to get a picture of the truck after she finished loading it. I do hope she didn't have far to go.

She was seasoned in her ability to pack that stuff in. and I thought it was a work of art.

Oh and the apricots I managed to take a picture of before they were gone. I just love the bottled sunshine that apricots manage to capture.

Have a delightful weekend.

~Kim~

"Wherever you are be all there."---Jim Elliot


6 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Go Granny go! I know how it feels to crave a nap. The scooters sound fun! Precious grands!

Gumbo Lily said...

Sounds like a fun time with Grandma! Enjoy these memory-making days!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh how fun!! 10 years...wow! Our oldest celebrates 11 this year and I can't believe it. Enjoy those grands...what a blessing.

Christine said...

You must be having a fun but exhausting weekend! My own kids know there's better camp than Camp Grandma's!
Things are going to get exciting with the skunk - I hope no more
Spray though!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Kim, your hydrangeas are BEAUTIFUL !
Yes, apricots are gold. So yummy.
Enjoy your grands !!
Rose

TexWisGirl said...

poor sasha. my pups get it at least a couple of times each spring. the odor hangs around for a long time.