Winter

Winter

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A Twaddle Post

Do you ever click on things on your computer? I saw a button this morning I have never clicked on. It says, pictures from your phone. This is a phone picture. That is my yard. Last year. When I had sunflowers. Isn't that a cool picture? Like a old snap shot. I didn't do that feature, there are gnomes that live in my computer who do these things with my pictures. Today the pictures will be from my phone. From the past.

Hot today. Blazing hot. 109. With humidity. I worked in the flowerbeds yesterday. That is why I have short sentences. I am suffering from brain cook. The day before I shampooed my living room carpet. It was 105 that day. The house felt like a sauna. I wanted you to know. I found a new love. Its a secret, but I thought I would tell you because you are my friends. Shh don't tell anyone. Its my carpet shampooer!!! Most. Amazing. Machine!! It makes my little OCD self blissfully happy. Not to mention it is fun.

I made one tiny little mistake though. I got the bright idea to use it on my tile floors. Life is an experiment, right? So I would work a little on my carpet then take a little swirl over the tile. Except, I forgot to go back and rinse really well. Elliot was out washing the car, and when he came in I heard this sound of swink-swink-swink.
across the tile floor. I said, " Are you sticking to the floor," Words I didn't want to hear but were, "Yes I am." I had worked from 8:30-11:30 shampooing the carpet. It was now almost 2:00 in the afternoon. I then had to get out my mop bucket and I mopped the tile until I put my mop away at 3:30.  I took a shower because Ron was going to be home soon and I didn't want to greet him looking and smelling like the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Oops, my selfie from my camera.
 Its so nice to get my house clean. We are going to stop painting upstairs for a bit, we will get back to the bathroom up there soon.
 I have this lovely friend and she told me she was going to sell her Hoosier cabinet. I have wanted to buy one for most of my life. She had one that was in her house the previous owners didn't want and now, She doesn't want it any more. (Yay for me!)  After my fiasco at the antique store in April. I decided I wasn't even going to look for one. Ever!! Here my friend walks in and tells me the horrors she experienced on Craig's List. Trying to sell it never dreaming that I would take it. So this weekend we paint the dining room and I will have my Hoosier cabinet. I am so thrilled. Do you know how nice all of my old dishes will look there.

How come this is what happens in my life. I will want something so bad. Then some fiasco happens with me trying to accomplish my goal in my own strength and I give up. I walk away. Then God so graciously puts it into my lap. Its happened to many times to be a coincidence. I just wish I learned faster.

Poor Ron. I am not the most obedient or submissive wife. In fact. Most of the time non-existent. More like crazed fiend. (See picture above.) Today though, he said. " Please don't work today in the sun, I worry about you when I am at work."( Sweetest man in the world.)  I thought today I would try that obedience part. (Notice I didn't say submission part, this is not a perfect world.)  I am going to listen to a book on my headphones and work on my His Eye is on The Sparrow. It really is too hot to hook right now. Do you want to see a picture of my progress? Mistakes and all?

That deer, was nigh on impossible. Three times I have taken it out and re stitched it. Now you want to see a picture of how far I have to go?

I just finished page one. Today I will start page two. I am pretty excited. With it being hot maybe I can hopefully do a bit more. I would love to get lots more done on it this summer. I really do love it and His Eye Is On the Sparrow one of my favorite hymns. Win-Win.

I will stop here. I hope you have a lovely day. When I get the dining room painted and my lovely Hoosier cabinet installed, I will show you lots of pictures I am sure.
Have a lovely Wednesday,
~Kim~

“All in all, it was a never-to-be-forgotten summer — one of those summers which come seldom into any life, but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going — one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doing, come as near to perfection as anything can come in this world.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne's House of Dreams



16 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Pretty phone photos, Kim!
You are a working dynamo! I'm glad you'll OBEY Ron and stay out of the heat today.
I love your cross stitch. It's gorgeous. I'm not sure I could finish that in less than thirty years.

TexWisGirl said...

i love your bloom shots. floor cleaning is not a task i enjoy. :)

acorn hollow said...

Holy hot! yikes I have been complaining about 80's and humid. Love your pictures.
Cathy

Kessie said...

I'm glad you decided not to cook your brain! It's really hot here, too, but not as hot as it'll be next week. Grats on finishing that page, and landing a cabinet! I find that life works out best when I stop fretting and striving and just let God work.

I'm cooking up a pot of bacon lintel stew. I know it's hot, bug I wanted soup so bad. Lintels sounded so good.

Jacque. said...

ohhhhh, the lovely needlework! And, clean floors. Who could ask for more? Stay cool, though.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Oh my goodness - such heat !!
It's all but dangerous for your health !
I am loving your beautiful stitching progress - (yeah, *clapping*) thanks for sharing.
Rose

Debbie said...

gorgeous blooms today kim!!!! wow, it sure is hot there, your needlework is beautiful!!!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

This made me smile. I shampooed my carpet with my cleaner this morning, but I didn't have the same joy as you! LOL But it does look nicer. I am on a "don't want to clean the house, but want to be out of the house mood!". I loved your comment on your husband...I think I come from the same tree. I too would take his advice today. Fun post!

Unknown said...

I wondered why you were pinning so many cabinets on pinterest! I'm so glad you're getting a Hoosier, it's going to be so pretty. I can't wait to see it!

Kim said...

I would die in that heat. I have a carpet shampooer too - love it. I can't wait to see tour Hoosier cabinet. Mine is my favorite thing ever!

GretchenJoanna said...

"Suffering from brain cook" - well, I should think so! I will try to remember that phrase when I get hot.

But if you already have humid weather, is that time to shampoo the carpets? Aren't you adding to the humidity in the house? Won't it take the carpets longer to dry?

I'm glad you have come inside to do something sensible on a hot day. XOXO

Sue said...

Always a joy to visit, Kim, I am able to blog, because Dh has lovingly given me an order to rest, as I am experiencing a solid case of exhaustion from all these projects and canning! He worries about me too, especially when he is gone from the farm as is the case today!
I would like to purchase a carpet cleaner, could you email me the brand you use?
Wishing you a most blessed and happy July 4th.
Hugs from me to you,
Sue

Gumbo Lily said...

I like your phone photos! I use lots of them on my blog. It's easy to do, isn't it?

Hooray for getting that hoosier you've always wanted. God knows.

I have my own carpet shampooer and love it, but I think mine is almost caput. What brand is yours?

Happy 4th of July!!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Ooh, I had a fantastic shampooer, until I let my kids borrow it and it came back with a broken piece where the water gets sucked up. So, now I don't have one. Take it easy in this heat..the humidity here is awful.

Gail said...

On some days things just go right.

I would love to hear the tale of your previous attempt to buy a hoosier.

Enjoy your day and stay cool.

Rachel said...

Lovely stitching, it is so exciting to be able to move onto another page! Thanks for sharing all the beautiful flower pictures. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!