Winter

Winter

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Twaddle on Tuesday


See that above picture? I want to do a rug from it. I think it would be a cool rug if I could capture it in wool. I have been thinking about it for about a month. I had to go through my pictures to find it. Since it is going to be another warm day, I can open the house and dye wool. I would love to see if I could make these colors. That is what is so much fun about dyeing wool. Matching colors in nature.

I had a nice birthday. I have such a nice family. Dear sweet Emilie, sent flowers to me. One thing that is very handy is having a daughter who is a florist. Here is the lovely arrangement she sent.

Such happy flowers!
My Sister-in-law brought a plant to me. I have no idea what it is or where to plant it. So if any of you have an idea I would really appreciate it.


Mystery Plant
Last week Ron and I both were under the weather. It doesn't happen too often when we are both under the weather at the same time. It happened though, and well, we both were pretty grumpy and out of sorts. I noticed that in my Netflix cue there was The Minion movie. So we watched it together. We laughed and pretty soon we were not so grumpy and I was reminded that laughter really is the best medicine.
Yesterday, for my birthday he came in with my birthday presents.

I told Ron I liked Bob best because he likes animals and made friends with this rat he found in the sewer. I guess why it made me laugh so much is because when the kids were young and we would have kittens they would carry the kittens around the way Bob carried that rat. I just thought it was so cute. Anyway, I know that my kids wouldn't get the references in that movie so it must be made for grandparents. I think I could watch any of those silly movies every single day.  Ron's favorite is the big yellow guy. I can't remember his name.

Then of course a lovely card that made my day from sweet and dear Pom Pom. So it was a very nice day.

I wanted to show you my chicken rug all finished. I think it turned out kind of cute. At least this one has a straight binding.


I hope you have a lovely Tuesday.

~Kim~

"I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition."--- Martha Washington

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I'm so glad you got the Minion movie for your birthday!! That is the best! LOL!

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday!!!
I do enjoy silly movies and laughter is the best medicine.

Alica said...

A rug of those sunflowers would be fabulous!! I hope you do it! Glad to hear your birthday was a good one, and that you and Ron are feeling better. Laughter is indeed the best medicine!

Susan said...

Love, love Miss Chicky. Sooo cuuute.

Belated Happy Birthday wishes!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I adore the Minions!
Fun chicken rug.
Happy belated birthday.
Hugs :)
Lauren

marie said...

Happy Birthday (belated). Sorry can't help you with the name of that plant, I have something similar in the yard but don't know it's name either. Love the chicken rug, good job. Those sunflowers would make a beautiful rug, can't wait to see your progress.

Gumbo Lily said...

I think a sunflower rug would be fabulous! Like a Van Gogh Sunflower art piece. Your chicken is so cute too.

I wish you a Happy, Happy Birthday! The gifts are so sweet and thoughtful. I'm going to take a shot at the flowering plant: Astagache. I know there are many varieties of it. Not sure, but it's a guess. It has the look of a mint. Or maybe it's a salvia??

God bless your new year!

Kessie said...

That chicken rug is so cute! I need to watch the minion movie. Right now the kids are binge-watching Rio and Rio 2, because the parrots are so pretty and fluffy. I'm glad you had a good birthday! I forgot to even message you. :-p

Kim said...

I love your funky chicken! And you know I love sunflowers so I think that project will be awesome. I don't know the name of that plant but my Grandmother had one in her kitchen.

Gail said...

Happy Birthday!!!

That plant looks like a purple passion or velvet plant. It is not hardy. Stays bushier if you pinch it back now and then. I did not allow mine to bloom. I had them for years but not anymore.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Happy belated birthday! I love silly movies.
Sometimes it is such a blessing to get a chuckle. Hugs cheri

Bonnie K said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad you enjoyed the day. I really like the rug!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday?
Loved your pretty flowers, hope to see the rug as it goes along.
No idea on the pretty plant, lovely blooms though!
Really love your chicken rug!

Kerin said...

Oh, those flowers from Emilie are beautiful! Ron is very sweet and he knows just how to make you happy and how to put a smile on your face :)

Love that sunflower picture, and I'm sure that you'll be able to make a rug that is similar. The chicken rug turned out great!!

Smiles :)
~K.

Pom Pom said...

The rug is so cute, Kim!
I'm so glad you had a happy birthday. The minions made me laugh. Our Plum Cake loves them.
We had fun in SLC. The mountains there are stunning.

Joy said...

Great chicken rug! Happy Belated birthday!

Jo said...

Your mystery plant is called Plectranthus ‘Mona Lavender’. I like to plant them in containers.

GretchenJoanna said...

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm happy to learn about a new plant - it's very pretty! I agree that the sunflowers are a perfect natural design for a rug or anything.

That your birthday was so fully and lovingly celebrated is only fitting -- and even when you weren't feeling too well, the Minions! They are so funny, it almost makes me laugh just thinking about them.