Winter

Winter

Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Nice Week


I went for a walk this morning. July has been such a nice month. We have had lots of rain and clouds. Today,
we have a wonderful coastal breeze. It was so cool this morning, even the morning glories were not even open yet.

When we brought the wind mill home, we didn't bring the tail. When driving around and you see a windmill sitting out in a field, I know I never thought about how big that tail really is up on top, I think it operates like a rudder. Anyway, yesterday Ron brought the windmill tail home. It was a big as the bed of his truck.

Isn't that cool? Can you see the bullet holes in it? I just love the old writing. Here is a picture with Ron holding it up for me to snap the pictures.

A Bit of Americana


Here is my newest rug, it is a rug pattern by Buttermilk Basin. I know that I need to get it finished before summer is over.


 I thought I would show you a new project. I hope that I can show you what I have in mind for this sometime next week.


I dyed wool yesterday. I love these colors. It has been so nice to get my brain rested.  To get to be creative every day. I think it has been the best kind of vacation. When I go on vacation and we are staying someplace, I always miss cooking. This week it has been so nice to be on vacation and cook. I picked peaches one morning and then made this lovely blueberry-peach coffee cake. Then to have coffee on the patio after swimming.

For dinner we have been picking these peppers out of the garden.


 Ron roasts them and then we have been eating Chili Relleno at night with Mexican rice and black beans. I have always wanted to make them but I never took the time. I keep trying to get them like the ones I have in Mexican restaurants.


I thought I would show you how in the summer we have palm trees that just grow wild here. Every where there is water, these silly palm trees grow.


This has been just a bit of things we have been doing this week. Our kids will all be home tomorrow. I miss them but it sure has been nice to just be us. Sasha will be glad to have them back. Ron and I think we are rather boring. Sometimes I think boring is nice.

Thank you for stopping by and for visiting today.

~Kim~

“I do know my own mind,' protested Anne. 'The trouble is, my mind changes and then I have to get acquainted with it all over again.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the morning glories. and your rudder. :)

Debbie said...

What a great life you have Kim!! Chuck and I are boring and we love it....we bore each other!! hehehehe

The morning glories are so beautiful, I'm glad you let them sleep. My color you know ;)

Nellie said...

Oh, "boring" is very nice, Kim!:-) That is one big windmill! You will enjoy having it fully assembled where you are now. Glad you've had a good week! xo Nellie

Gumbo Lily said...

Do you have a favorite recipe for the Chili Relleno? That sounds SO good!

Christine said...

Ohh wonderful Americana windmill tail! It'll look great!
Your newest rug is coming along so well! You can't go wrong with watermelons in summer!
Have a great day!

Julia said...

Heh, I don't see anything boring here at all. Not everyone get to have a windmill with a tail with bullet holes in their back yard..
Ron roasting peppers is super. I wish my man would love to do something like that...

Your rug is looking great and the new dyed wool looks yummy. Love those colors and that new project has me wondering.I guess I'll have to wait till next post to find out.
I think you are not a boring couple at all. Far from it.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
JB

Nancy said...

Well I am with you on the boring even though I don't think you are boring at all...You always have such wonderful projects going on and I can't wait to see this rug. Your morning glories are so beautiful....Enjoy your last night....

Rugs and Pugs said...

Boring is good!!!
Your windmill is going to be so cool. Can't you just picture morning glories growing at the base?
I'm happy to hear you've been getting some rain. I know you have a long way to go to get out of the drought, but every little bit helps.
LOVE your wool colors.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kerin said...

Love the colors of your wool.... they are nice and softly muted colors.. perfect!
Glad you have the rest of the windmill now; it's going to be just amazing, once you have it all assembled again.

Sounds like you've had a great vacation week.... I'm so happy for you!

Looking forward to seeing what project you have in mind for the pickets.

~K.

Susan Kane said...

Lovely colors for your wool. We too have crazy palms that just appear.

Gail said...

You have a piece of history there. Thank you for wanting to save it.

That rug is beautiful and bright. The dyed wool are pleasant warm colors.

Sue said...

What a lovely post, Kim, I am so glad you have a windmill, there is one nearby us, a little further in the country! I have always been fascinated with it, and wondered if it still works, it looks a little worn so I am thinking it is not!
I am always thinking my dh and I are boring too, but not to each other, like you I think it is nice!
Things are winding down for me as far as canning, until the apples, and grapes are ready.I picked and canned the first and last green beans yesterday, I was beginning to think they were not going to produce this year, Dh is discing the garden today, that is always bittersweet.
As always your rugs are beautiful, I have always wanted to do this, but never seemed to find the time, I think it just might be I am a little afraid. ~smile~
As always such a joy to visit with you, have a blessed day!

Pom Pom said...

I'm so glad you had a nice quiet week together! I love the windmill. You've been busy with good, good, good things!