Winter

Winter

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Garden Pictures and Selfies


Here we are standing on the threshold of June. I am saying good bye to May, who I think was quite a month. Don't you agree? I hope June is say a bit more temperate. Today is a beautiful morning. The sky is robin's egg blue, the sound of doves cooing all in the trees. Mockingbirds fighting and the blue jays scolding. The hummingbirds are really chattering today. A new batch must be learning to fly. They are so tiny no bigger than an inch. I could see how they could be mistaken for fairies.

Prettiest garden I have had in a long time, well since last year.

Before Ron trimmed them up.
This morning Ron trimmed all of the lower limbs. Now they look much nicer and I can give them their shot of manure tea this evening. I have so many tomatoes. That is a first for a couple of years to have this many tomatoes this early.
Isn't that nice? To see pretty green tomatoes?

I have to tell you a funny story. On June first, we have to cut our water consumption by 35 percent, Governor's orders. So last night we were rereading the guide lines. We can only water three days a week, no washing sidewalks or driveways. Things like that.  They are using your past water usage totals from 2013.
Guess what we were doing in 2013?
Em's Wedding
Yep, Emilie and Nik's wedding. We poured water on this place. We had so many people here every weekend. We watered this lawn three times a day not to mention how much I washed every thing over and over. It was crazy. We laughed and laughed about that. We have cut our water anyway but they will charge you if you go over your 2013 bills. We both thought it was one of those nice God things. He always looks out for us even when we don't know it.

We are already eating peppers out of the garden. I am so happy that we have these lovely peppers already. Ron makes wonderful omelets for us on weekends and we are really spoiled to getting our own produce.

Okay now the selfie part of this post.

Sasha Selfie. 
 She was not happy about a selfie.

Chicken Selfie
Chickens like to be photographed, but then there are the ones who want to photobomb.

She is a sitting hen, who got off the nest to get a picture of herself.

A Cat Selfie
This is Socks. I thought she did the Selfie thing the way a cat would. I thought it was very funny. I never could get her to look at me.

I think it is such a nice thought to think Summer is Here!
Have a lovely day,
~Kim~



 
 
It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside. ~Maud Hart Lovelace, Betsy-Tacy and Tib, 1941

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i LOVE sasha's selfie! :) happy gardening, dearie.

Kim said...

Love those selfies :). Your garden looks amazing. My tulips are just starting to die and the flox Is taking over. The water story if funny. You lucked out there.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I love your selfies- they made me smile, and I needed that today- thank you! I would gladly send our excess water to your area if I could. All of our local rivers have flooded horribly.

Pom Pom said...

Aw! Betsy-Tacy and Tib! Favorite!
Yay for 2013 and your grand water totals! You can keep those tomatoes watered!
Omelets with those tasty peppers sound fantastic. YUM!
Sasha is so cute and Socks is lovely, too. The girls are beeeeyoootiful!

Susan Kane said...

Oh, how I miss growing tomatoes! Little did I know when I was a teenager, that I would actually long for fresh tomatoes.

Debbie said...

Hey, you promised a selfie?! Your new header picture is gorgeous!!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Love those selfies Kim...Beautiful plant photos too...tomatoes and peppers...oh my...my plants are not in the ground yet! Love Sasha's sweet face...Hugs my friend...

Alica said...

What fun...animal selfies. Every time I try to get a cow to take a selfie, she looks away. Oh well. :) Happy watering!

Three Sheep Studio said...

I love peppers. Your garden looks wonderful ! Last week we watched Food Inc. on Netflix ! Home grown food is the best.
Rose

Gail said...

Peppers already! that's wonderful. Our small garden has staggered into a slow start...what didn't get washed away!

Sue said...

What a lovely post for me to read today, Kim, I am taking a break from canning the last of my English peas. the water story was so funny, yes, I believe God sends those unexpected gifts, and what a blessing they are.
We have had much rain this season, and am expecting more tonight and the rest of the week, so I took the opportunity to wash bed linens today, going to sleep under sun kissed sheets tonight, ~smile!
Always enjoy seeing your animals, we recently purchased some guinea fowl and new chicks!
Hope you are having a lovely Monday!
Blessings,
Sue

Joy said...

That wedding reception was beautiful!! Sasha is a pretty lady.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your water consumption story is a hoot.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kerin said...

Well, well.. what a funny story about your water usage. Guess they are getting beat at their own game :)
Your garden is gorgeous, and fresh peppers sound delish!!
We are a ways away from fresh garden produce yet. I would love a growing season, such as yours!!

Love that Sasha. She is just so sweet and cute!! Love all your critters!

Enjoy this day :)

~K.