Winter

Winter

Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Thankful Thursday Post


This morning I was walking around looking at everything. Truly, I love mornings! I love how newness of the day, the sun rising over the mountains. The sound of the meadowlarks singing in the pasture.  The sky changing from purple to blue as the sun begins to warm up the air.

We might have a bit of rain and snow in the mountains. Always something to be thankful for.

Lillies

Calla Lilly

The little garden
I think this is just perfect. It just takes a little bit of time to take care of it.  It is really growing.
The tomatoes out in the pasture, one of them already has tomatoes. The eggplant is so happy out there, it is growing like crazy too.

Earliest tomatoes I have ever had.
Boysenberries
I think the berries are about two weeks early this year. It hasn't been warm enough for the sugar to develop yet. I have to make so much jam this year. I don't have a single jar left from last year. I am really looking forward to making jam. It is always my welcome to summer task.

Parrot bites

More parrot bites
The parrots have been flying in and inspecting the few sunflowers I have that came up out in the pasture. The sunflowers aren't ripe yet but it doesn't stop them from tasting them. It just makes me chuckle to see them.


I love the Hydrangeas I must walk out here two or three times a day to just look at them. So I am just so thankful to be here today.

I hope your Thursday is just a lovely day.
~Kim~

"When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself."
---Tecumseh. 1768-1813

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

your beautiful blooms! just love that you've downsized your garden this year. hooray for you!

Pom Pom said...

Those parrots crack me up! Your garden looks great! I wish I could hear the meadowlark sing.

Julia said...

I love your little garden without a single weed and look at all those tomatoes already.... Parrots love flowers too I see, especially your sunflowers... Here it's the squirrels that love the sunflowers seeds. I caught another squirrel in the neighbour's yard making it #10 this spring. There are more who visit her feeders and I saw another beside the trap.

Your Hydrangeas are so pretty, I love all the beauty.
have a great day Kim.
Hugs,
JB

Kessie said...

After listening to all this health stuff, I'm wondering if you put wood ashes in the garden. It would probably solve the blossom rot problem, since that's a lack of minerals.

Christine said...

Thankful for you and the joy there is blossoming in your gardens!
Enjoy!

Nicole said...

The pictures are absolutely beautiful. You are blessed!

Nellie said...

I am thankful for each morning, Kim! You have gorgeous vegetables and flowers! xo Nellie

Kerin said...

Wow! Tomatoes already??!! I am green with envy!
No tomatoes here yet.... we've not even planted any. We will still have a few more weeks where the temps dive into the freezing zone at night....so.... we wait :)

I smiled at the thought of the parrots taste testing the sunflowers.
You with your parrots and we with our deer. Always something to keep us gardeners on our toes **smile**.

I too am so thankful to be here today! Thankful for every single blessing!
Have a happy and thankful day.

~K.

Alica said...

Look at those gorgeous Hydrangeas!! Mine didn't bloom last year because of the horribly cold winter we had. This year they're really late in pushing leaves, and I hope they at least give a few blooms! Your garden looks happy! Parrot bites...lol. Only in California! :)

Gail said...

Every thing looks so wonderful.

I hate to admit it but I had to look up the difference in Boysenberry and black berries! After research now I know they are kin.

Debbie said...

everything is beautiful kim!! i think smaller is better as it remains fun to care for. i am just beginning to get my plants outside into my "pots"!!!!

the hydrangeas are gorgeous, i can't wait for mine to bloom!!!!

Kim said...

Your flowers look so pretty. I'd be so mad at those parrots. They should leave my favorite sunflowers alone

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love hydrangeas, too. This is the second winter in a row where the cold killed the old growth so no flowers for me :(
Homemade jam. YUM!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Three Sheep Studio said...

All your pics look so beautiful, Kim. I must say, I LOVE those berries ! Making jam is one of my favorite things of the summer, also. ;)
Rose

annie said...

beautiful photos!

Gumbo Lily said...

Your garden looks great and so do your flowers. All good things to be thankful for.

Sue said...

OH! Every thing in your garden looks great, Kim, especially the tomatoes, ours are just beginning to grow well! I will be making jam too this summer, as I have given so much away to our grandson Will and his Navy buddies, they come to the farm at least once a month, and camp out in the back pasture! I do enjoy their visits and send them home with goodies!
Hope all is well with you, I have had so little time to visit or post, as we are finishing up this major landscaping project!
Wishing you a very happy Mother's Day.
Hugs,
Sue