Winter

Winter

Friday, December 2, 2022

A Perfect December Day


 Good Morning,

We had a very nice storm last night. The wind blew the trees free of their leaves. Now the limbs that have been clothed in leaves and now without the reds, and the yellows and browns. They have removed last years clothes and hopefully will have a long winter nap.  Its cold and crisp and the rain washed the air. Which means, fog might be a thing by morning.  I love foggy days best. I love how it smells like a freezer. I love watching the fire and I love having the Christmas tree be the light in the house. I have so many lovely thoughts to think about this year. 

Since we rarely get snow. I just get to imagine making snow angels. The last time it snowed here, it was January 25, 1999. We got 4-6 inches of snow. It was also a blue moon that year. The irony still amuses me. My youngest was two and he was so sure it was going to snow that year, I couldn't believe it when it did. It has only snowed here 28 times since 1937. Compared to about 272 sunny days every year, give or take. 

I cleaned closets yesterday. I have the cutest Christmas flag, that I put up someplace last year. So this year I can't find it. I have cleaned out drawers and cupboards and gone through boxes. Not in anything I have searched. I even went out the the garage and went though boxes out there. You know how rabbit trails are, I even cleaned and straightened my wool and my patterns. I cleaned my linen closet which is really where I store my finished rugs. My quest still failed. I did have the thought, when I said to myself, " I have looked everywhere! and the voice said," if you had looked everywhere you would have found it. Keep Looking!" So of course you know what that means? No hooking was accomplished yesterday. 


So begins December. I did finish decorating for Christmas. I wanted to stop in and write a blog.
Storms to me are really so rare and so exciting. I was up at four-thirty. I looked out the window to see how much rain was falling. Out in the middle of the yard, I saw what looked like in the dark a figure crouched in the yard. I might have thought about going back to sleep, but that woke me straight up. I stared and stared out the window. It finally dawned on me it was the cover to the fire pit. Well of course, I couldn't let it stay out there, so I went out in the rain to get it. I came back sopping wet, but 
it made the coffee taste better and the fire prettier and when I did get dressed, my clothes were even warmer. So I guess you could say, I go a bit crazy in the rain and life is always a matter of perspective. 
Rain in December just makes me very happy. Rain anytime makes me happy. Throw in a bit of wind and I am one happy camper. 
So if you have got this far in a very mundane post. Thank you. I hope you have a lovely day, on this second day of December. 
~Kim~


“December: A month of lights, snow, coziness, and feasts; time to make amends and tie up loose ends; finish what you started and make your wishes come true.”
— unknown




 

8 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

I am so jealous you are finished decorating. Not me!!! Maybe if I didn't go running every day I would get more done. I will never learn.
It sounds like you got lots accomplished in the cleaning department, too. I cannot say that either...lol!
Your first photo is GORGEOUS. Happy you enjoyed your storm.

Susan Kane said...

I miss weather of any sort. We are fine with summer---we have that one nailed. Spring is a little iffy. Fall is an illusion. Winter! I would love to have your header !

Saundra said...

I know you wanted some water in some form or other...rain, snow, etc. So glad you finally got your wish.

When I read of your cleaning and purging I feel so guilty. I'll start and then the process overwhelms me and get rid of what I've gathered and stop the process. Figure I'll let my kids have an auction and rather giving everything away to a thrift store for them to toss perhaps the auctioneer and my son will manage to gather a few bucks.

Julia said...

I hope that you find your cute Christmas flag. When I can't find something, it drives me crazy. You are way ahead of me in Christmas decorating.

I'm glad that you like storms. We live in totally different weather circumstances. I love calm weather. I love gentle rain and a cool breeze but I can't take the cold anymore as it gets terribly cold here, much like the very high temperatures you get where you live.

Take care,
Hugs,
Julia

Gretchen Joanna said...

I guess happiness IS mundane most of the time. <3 I'm so glad you followed the storm's prompt to your blog!

Kessie said...

It's raining here all weekend and I love it so much! It was so dry and dusty. The quail would come to the water pan every morning and just drink and drink and drink. I'll bet they are very happy right now.

Pom Pom said...

Wow! I love it that you got some good rain! We haven't had snow in a while so I anticipate some soon. Snow puts me in the mood to Christmas up EVERYTHING! Did you find the flag? Where could it be? I would be the same way, hunting and hunting and then stopping my hunt (and cleaning) immediately. But you wouldn't stop THAT! Yay for lazy days ahead. (HOPE!). God be with you precious friend!

Julia said...

I hope you are well and that the weather isn't too cold. I'm not sure where you live now but I see devastating storms everywhere. I hope that you are OK.

I wanted to wish you Merry Christmas and, health, joy, peace, and contentment for the new year.

Hugs,
Julia