Winter

Winter

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Happy Easter


 This is my favorite picture that I have in my photo albums. I love that there was an empty tomb and I have the benefits of all that happened during that week. 

I hope whatever and wherever you are you have an awesome day. 


I have been AWOL this week. I always call it selfish on my part. I did all of the things I love to do and try not to feel guilty.


I made jam. Three berry, (raspberry,blueberry,strawberry) and strawberry raspberry. I made loaves of cinnamon raisin bread and regular bread so everyone would have fresh bread and fresh jam. My house smelled wonderful, like berry cobbler. Which I love. 

I hooked, sewed and finished projects. 

I finished this Stacy Nash. It is really such a pretty pattern. I think I will try and do the winter one called Merry, Merry. 


 

I finally finished this one by Brenda Gervais. I am not a very fast finisher. I have this issue, I have to have a clean house and the laundry done, and sometimes even the flowerbeds cleaned. Which is why I am not a very fast finisher. Oh, and of course, I don't have to go anyplace nor can anyone be at home. 

I have no idea why I must meet my own criteria, but all of those things must be met for me to get out my sewing machine. I think that is why I quit quilting. As each of my babies came, it got harder and harder to find days to do that. 

Next I finished this.

I dug it out and worked on it, as much as I could. I am about the worst punch needle person in the world. I stab myself so much that my hands will hurt for days. I got it finished though. If I did these projects more than I do, I am sure I would get better with the craft. Its hard though, as Max, the cat, thinks that needle threader is the most amazing thing he has ever saw. He will creep in and find it and run away with it. I have got smarter because I see him walk in and hide it first. He always is so disappointed. He steals my rug hook but that is much easier to find. I will put my rug hook in the bottom of my sewing basket and he will dig around until he finds it and then he carries it to the front door. I have no clue why. He tries to hide it under the hooked rug at the front door. 

Then I finally finished the Whale rug. Which means I finished hooking it and I have steamed it. Now I need to bind it and steam it again, so I am almost finished. Its such a lovely rug. 


 I am looking forward to finishing this one. I drew out two rug patterns and I would like to start those after I finish up Magdalena's goat. My rug list never seems to go down. I have a basket of projects I wanted to do for this year, and I keep adding to them. 

We are having the I never know what to call them, our kids? Our young adults and their wives and husbands? Those grown people who live here in this town? You know those people, for dinner on Easter Sunday. We should have lovely weather. Of course, I will make too much food. It will be nice though. I will miss the older two and their families. I am getting the urge to go visiting. I really need to see our grands. I have forgot the hard part about driving for 4 days to North Carolina. I can only remember what fun it was to go camping for two weeks, being with our grands and our kids. Talking all hours and just enjoying being together.

Then of course, all I can remember when we drive that 10 hours to Tucson, how beautiful the desert is, how good I feel in the desert. I feel like I bounce up and down on the seat like a little kid because I will get to see the Arizona grands and their Mom and Dad. I just need to try and ignore that price of gas thing. 

That is the Petrified Forest by the way. The part that they let you see. One thing I learned on that trip was the government really keeps the good stuff for themselves, and they don't want you to see anything that will change the narrative of what they want you to believe. It was kind of eye opening. You aren't supposed to take any petrified wood, but down the road as you are coming into the park, are three huge places you can go buy all you want. 

I have to go start my cooking and baking. Its cloudy outside and a great day to bake to my hearts content. 

I hope you have a lovely day, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.

~Kim~

"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said."

Matthew 28:6




 


 
 
 

 
 



6 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love all your finishes. You have been most productive...plus baking and making jam. Did you forget to sleep?
How ironic that you are not allowed to take any petrified wood but three large places are able to sell it. Typical bureaucratic bs ;-)
Easter blessing to you and your family.

Saundra said...

Good grief gal, you have been VERY productive and definitely put me to shame. My house used to be much cleaner when I worked, but then I wasn't a rug hooker then either. Now at my age feel as tho cleaning is a waste of time until the wool threads start to bother me then it's time again.
Your cat is playing a game with you and its way of getting your attention ~ smart little critter I'd say.
Happy Easter.
Saundra

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok...wow... just WOW! I would not be able to accomplish all that in a year and then some! Yikes! That whale rug is just incredible. I especially love that unique border...it frames the piece so perfectly...and oh those colors! I laughed about your description of punching...it sounds like when I needle felt. I get out the bandaids before I even pick up my felting needles. I actually punched that design long ago... hmmm, another thing that didn't make it out this season. I am fascinated by the petrified forest.... Really? There are parts the govt keeps hidden??? Why??? And how do they justify it??? I am mesmerized by your header photo. I think I could stare at that for hours....so very green. I guess my suppositions were correct about the big meal, family, etc. (should have read your post before responding to your comment LOL).... I hope your day is filled with joy and blessings. Happy, happy, Easter my friend.... ~Robin~

Julia said...

My goodness, Kim, you are seriously over-productive and dedicated to getting it all done. Are you using frozen berries to make your jam?

Your cross-stitch and big Whale rug are all wonderful. I never got interested in trying the punch needle. It sounds painful.

I think your cat is trying to tell you that he wants your undivided attention and is hiding your hook to get it.

It's been so long since I've visited family. I hope that you have a Blessed and Happy Easter.

Hugs,
Julia

Bonnie K said...

Holy cow! You have been busy. It all looks fabulous. I enjoyed hearing about your trips. I hope your Easter was wonderful.

Kerin said...

Your needle~crafts turned out beautifully, and both of your hooking projects, though I'm sorry that you jabbed your hand with the needle punch work.
I can completely understand how you need things around the house to be in order before you want to dig into a project, as I am exactly the same way :)

Max is a hoot; and to think, he's not even your cat! You'll have to report him to his owner...lol!

Your jams look very pretty, and I can see why the boys wanted to take some home with them and delicious bread too!

I know how much you must be missing your Grands.
Maybe as the older ones get more independent, they may be able to get on a plane and come see you? Wouldn't that be fun to have them at Grandma's camp for a few weeks?

{{hugs}} ~K.