Winter

Winter

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

My Finished Rug


 Good Morning,

Its going to be another beautiful day here. We have been in the 70s and I always go a bit crazy. We worked in the flowerbeds, and yesterday we washed our cars. Today, I am washing my windows. I guess you could say its my rain and cold weather rain dance. February does that. It whispers" Spring is here, plant those tomato plants. I will stay this time, I promise." Then boom! We have wind and rain and the frost comes and all of those tomato plants freeze. It goes without fail. Now I just enjoy this brief warm up and rejoice that I can sit outside without a coat. But the sun shining in the windows,to show me what a slacker I have been. 

I did finish my rug on Sunday afternoon. I steamed it and I meant all day yesterday to post a picture, but I was taken up with outside and visiting with a neighbor, I had never met and the day got away from me. 

Granny Donaldson's rug, has been a fun hook along. In fact, I have had the best time and I love seeing all of the other members progress. It really has helped me to keep a hook in my hand

I am so critical of my work. I will leave it as it is and just enjoy it. I really was out of wool and I used only my stash and my worms I had. It really challenged me in a way I did not expect. The rug was done on bleached linen. Which was really stiff had hard to pull loops. It has been a long time since I pulled loops through bleached linen. Trying to work on the house at the same time I joined the hook along was challenging in itself. But it was so good, because I could push myself in ways I had not thought I could and that was a very good feeling. I can always do more than I think I could. In January, I have to focus on fighting depression and I have every year for as long as I can remember. With this hook along, I didn't have time to feel sorry for myself. Every minute I sat down, I would pick up my rug and hook and Saundra would post these lovely updates, and it really helped my mind. I appreciate it so much, to have been apart of the group. 

I will be binding next. I was going to try and bind it before I posted the picture, but then we have had these nice days, and I just have to be in the sun. 

I hope your day is a wonderful day today. Thank you Saundra!


 "Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity...it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." Melody Beattie

10 comments:

Saundra said...

What a fantastic job you did!!! Hard to believe you used your worms and stash on this because it looks like it had been color planned and wool sent with the pattern. Glad you enjoyed the hook-along.
My car needs washing desperately as it still has salt spray on it from the state salting the roads for snow/ice. Since winter isn't over yet it is too premature for me to wash the car and have to do it again in a couple weeks.

Julia said...

I agree with Saundra, you did a fantastic job using the wool you had on this project. It's a happy rug. I'm glad that you had something to occupy your mind and keep you on the go even when you had to extend yourself to get everything done.
Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

It's raining here today but we have a lot of snow still on the ground. My car is very dirty from the salt on the road but it's pointless to wash it just now.

take care.
Hugs, Julia

NMK said...

Your rug looks Wonderful !!!! I enjoy hooking the most after the holidays ....it is fun & feels so good to create something pretty !!! Hope Saundra comes up with another fun challenge , I will join in next time !

It's still chilly here in New England , was in the 40's here today , so the nasty ice we got melted ! On , my car looks disgusting , it needs a bath so bad !!!

Enjoy that nice weather !!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your rug is fantastic Kim! I agree with Saundra's comment that it is hard to believe you used worms and made do when you didn't have enough wool. It all pulls together so beautifully...and it is bright and happy...can't help but smile seeing it. I love the individuality this hook along drew out of everyone and manifested in unique works of art. I'm anxious to see what's next on your project list!! Enjoy your wonderful weather....we actually broke 30º today!! Woo hoo!!! Of course it did nothing to melt the snow and ice that we have, and with that there, it never feels as warm as the thermometer says, but I'll definitely take it! More snow on the way for the end of the week though. Sigh. ~Robin~ PS...wanna do my windows?????? 🤪

Gretchen Joanna said...

I love it!

And I'm so glad you have been enjoying some sunshine and warmth. Thank God. I know, in California we are supposed to say every time the topic of the weather comes up, "We need rain..." but I am NOT going to say that, and I'm very thankful that you didn't. If God gives us sun, let's enjoy the sun, and let Him decide what we need. Maybe he thinks we need drought.

Bonnie K said...

That looks so hard to me. I'm impressed with your determination. I can't believe it is in the 70's. It was-6 here last week.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I’m jealous of your warm weather- we’re in the midst of winter here. What a great rug! Your colours are superb and I think running short of colours makes rugs even better- forces the creativity. Well done. Hooking is my helper against depression and anxiety. I get you sister.

Rugs and Pugs said...

70* sounds heavenly!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Granny rug!!! That light background sets it off perfectly.
On to the next hook-along!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Your Rug is so so pretty...wow...I love this.

Your Other Photos are so pretty - the flowers.

Take Care & Happy Rug Hooking
Linda K, Buttercup

Kerin said...

Your rug is very pretty, and you always do such a beautiful job!!

Pace yourself so that your hands don't get too sore. {*wink* :)}

~K.