Winter

Winter

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Early Morning Light


Here I am! Ron took a week off last week, and we worked from sun up to sun down, and sometimes after the sun set. We were barely in the house. We got lots and lots done though and that feels nice. Not that anyone would notice that out by the road, there are no more weeds. We put in those lovely arches. I planted the melons that are going to grow on them and I planted beans and I plan on planting my squash on it.


The garden is coming along nicely. I need to plant flowers so that I can have things growing on the arches and lots more sunflowers. It seems there is never enough time in a day. Now that its in the 90s that stops me from being out there after noon.


The early morning light was so pretty this morning. I just had to capture it. Everything was in this warm golden light. Yesterday, I was sitting resting. I had used my weed trimmer to start trimming the pasture again and I was sitting in the garden and watching everything around me. I saw the most amazing thing. There was a hummingbird, gathering spiderwebs for its nest. He or she would go up to a spiderweb, not flapping its wings and ever so carefully it would start winding the spiderweb up in its beak, and then fly away. It did that all afternoon. I thought it was so amazing to sit and watch. I love that about resting, sitting and watching and getting to observe such sweet gifts around me.

I have all of the parts to the windmill all together now. Gosh its a big windmill. I would love to paint it like this one.


We had a lovely Easter. William and Makenzie came over for brunch. I like cooking brunch the best I think. I could eat breakfast at every meal.

Makenzie has been making cookies. There were more but they were eaten, so I took a picture before they were all gone. She is just so talented.

It was a nice day. Ben and Megan will be home pretty soon. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. They have so many miles to go though to get here. They are stopping at the Baker Creek Seed company. I was looking though the line up of speakers and I wish I could be there. Such amazing seeds they have. I used Baker Creek Seeds and Renee's Garden Seeds  this year and the quality is top notch.

Makenzie is such a good photographer, I just had to show you our breakfast that she took pictures of on Easter. When I first saw the picture I thought, " That looks pretty, " Then I looked closer and realized that was my table cloth and dishes. We had breakfast outside on the porch and it was just lovely and sweet.

The next batch of things to be planted. Maybe Thursday or Friday. I am trying to get them hardened off before they have to go live in the garden. I have all of this lovely basil to go with my future tomatoes.

This morning I found this and I thought, what a perfect way to start the day. With a fresh egg.
We are under quarantine this year and no chicks for me. New Castle disease I guess is real bad here.
Maybe in the fall I can get chicks. I just have the hens I got two years ago. My roosters are not very roostery. If you know what I mean. Even though I have setting hens, there are no fertilized eggs.

I hope you have a lovely day today. I know my to do list is longer than the day. I want to finish the rest of the pasture with my weed trimmer and get the rest of the garden weeded and wash my car and it goes on and on.
I hope you have a lovely day.
Thank you so much for stopping by today,

~Kim~

"If you become a bird and fly away from me," said his mother, "I will be a tree that you come home to."
---The Runaway Bunny, Margaret Wise Brown, 1942

12 comments:

Carol W. said...

Oh, what a beautiful house you have, esp in the softly glowing light you captured in your photo! A windmill sounds like a fun & functional thing to have. Gorgeous roses! And your Easter brunch looks lovely also. So nice you could be with family for Easter. Suggestion: when Ben, Megan & the boys get there, please try to control yourself with giving hugs to everyone so you don't pop their stuffings out! Lol! What a glorious day that'll be when they drive up in your driveway! Praying God gives them a safe trip cross country!

GretchenJoanna said...

Oh, my, what a wonderful gift indeed, to be able to see that hummingbird at work. I didn't know they did that!!

The light, the food, the family and the flowers are all lovely as can be. I'm glad you took time from your busy day to post the photos and joys.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Ok, well I am tired now just reading about your day! Goodness, I am a lazy log. I did mow yesterday, and I thought that was a great accomplishment, considering I haven't been able to do much with my back problems. Have a great weekend, and don't work too hard! Blessings!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ohhhh, such glorious beauty in each and every photo and thought! Your farm and home look just amazing.... The morning light made me smile....I could almost imagine myself there. What a beautiful Easter brunch and table you set (I could eat breakfast for every meal too LOL!) And that rose is just the softest buttercup yellow I’ve ever seen! Roses...just imagine....I was so excited to see a few daffodils poking through this week...but, sadly, we are to get snow again this weekend. Seems some days like it will never end. Praying for safe travels for the kids....Don’t work too hard!! ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

My, you have been busy! I know what you mean about the list being longer than the day. I feel that way every day...sigh.
The picture in your dining room is beautiful. You captured the sun perfectly.
That windmill...oh, my ❤️❤️❤️

Julia said...

Nice photo of the morning light in your house and nice house too.
You have ben busy but it's nice that you took the time to observe the hummingbird harvesting the spider silk for it's nest. I never knew that.

Your seedlings are looking healthy. Some of mine are in need of repotting but we are surrendered by flood water still. I'll have to wait until the water goes down to get some potting soil.
It went higher than last year and there's more rain for the weekend.
It's disheartening. We haven't seen the sun for a long time it seems.

Those are cute Easter cookies. I'm glad that you had a great Easter brunch. That looks like a nice brunch. My husband and i spent Easter alone because of being flooded. I'm still eating ham, lol.
Hugs, Julia

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

That morning light is just stunning! Your home looks so incredibly cozy! I hear you about those 'to do' lists - it seems every time I cross three things off, I put six things on!

Pom Pom said...

Oh, your table looked very very pretty! The breakfast looks delish, too!
You are a busy busy bee! Everything looks gorgeous!
I like thinking about a hummingbird winding webs around her beak. Lovely.

Kessie said...

I'm so glad somebody came by for Easter! We had a sugar-fueled day of hyper kids, so it was interesting. I'm so glad it's over. :-)

Zaa said...

What a busy girl... You've done quite abit of planting already... and after that scrumptious breakfast, the sunshine is enough to fill one heart with such JOY ...Your in- house pictures are beautiful. You are so far ahead of us in the planting season , but I love seeing plant flats ... and especially basil. It's my favorite and I did start my seeds indoor this year due to the weather. We still have snow( Boo Hoo)... however there are a few green sprouts popping up so there is HOPE. Thanks for sharing...ENJOY your week-end...Hugs

Kerin said...

There is no doubt in my mind that you and Ron accomplished a great deal, and I'm sure that it feels so great to see the fruits of your labor!

Super cute cookies... they look good enough to eat, which is the reason I presume that they were gobbled up quickly.~*smile.~!

Drat.. that's bad news about the chickens. Hoping that you get the 'all clear' soon, and can get new chicks!

Love that the hummingbird used webs for it's nest..clever bird!
Love that windmill.. it's going to be great when it's up and whirling in the wind!
Love y'alls 'selfie'!

Smile :)
~K.

Debbie said...

the house looks so beautiful, drenched in natural light!!

the yard looks great too, that's a lot of hours to but in but it is nice to have help and work as a team!!

i have always wanted to have chickens, so i could start the dy with fresh eggs!!

LOVE the cookies, she did a great job, i bought mine!!!