Winter

Winter

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

My Bittersweet Life


What a amazing week it has been. Ben and Megan finished up moving, selling and hitting the road. God was so good to me, as they were so tired from everything I had the joy of having them here until Monday evening. I think God knew how hard it was for me to open my hands and let them fly. I am afraid, that if I was a bird, I would be hanging on to the babies in the nest until the nest got too heavy and fell from the tree. Its bittersweet, in that I am so proud of them and all that they have accomplished in such a short amount of time. Here is the video she made about starting on this adventure.

I have thought, how many of us would be here if our forefathers had not decided to take a huge leap of faith and come to this land of ours. As far as you go back into both mine and Ron's family, all of them have gone looking for that dream. My Grandma once said, " NO thank you about going camping with us, she said, I did enough of that when I was young, I did not like cooking over campfires."


They were pulling out of the driveway. Everything accomplished and the dream begins. A modern day
covered wagon.


On Monday morning, I was walking the sun was coming up and it was cold. As I walked and I was praying. I have done so much of that lately. Do you know what God gave me. He gave me the gift of 10 robins in that tree. Ten!!! It made me so happy. We don't have robins here for some reason. They flew from tree to tree as I walked. The whole time. The ground was white with frost, so diamonds were sparkling in the sun and the grass was filled with jewels as well. It was going to be a blue sky for the adventure to begin. I was thankful.

I spent the afternoon with the boys while Mom and Dad were getting the trailer ready. Our youngest grandson, said, " Grandma, get a trailer and come with us and follow us on our trip." At that moment I was tempted let me tell you. His oldest brother had noticed my gray hair and said, " Grandma you have gray hair! Please don't die while we are gone." I promised him I would stay above ground until they got back.

I managed to get this picture which I just love. There had been a few sword fights going on, but then I saw this.

They were feeding the chickens and watching them. Freddy is so tiny (the rooster) that they love to watch him and hold him.

So its been my bittersweet week. I took Emilie shopping for her 27th birthday. My goodness! They are growing up so fast.  Grown, up so fast. This week is our oldest grandson's birthday too. He will be eleven.

I told Ron I don't know when but I am going to take a day off soon. I am so thankful though, that I have been given such a wonderful life. My Field of Dreams continues to have dreams to dream and lots of adventures and mountains to climb. Thank you for following along.

~Kim~


Therefore, since we have this ministry of God, we do not lose heart...We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this surpassing great power is from God and not from us. We are pressed on all sides, but not crushed;perplexed, but not in despair;persecuted, but not forsaken;struck down but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:1,7-9

12 comments:

Alica said...

Hugs, my friend! I must admit, I had to chuckle at your grandson's comment! Yes, please stay above ground 'til they get back...and even longer! :)

Julia said...

I'm still waiting for my first robin and you got 10 already. The red robin is my sign of spring but today as I drove to town, I saw that the river is open and flowing but it's still frozen in front of our house but it won't be long now. That's another sign of spring.

That poor little boy worrying about losing his grandma because she has grey hair. It's precious, but my heart feels for him. You'll be just too busy hooking to die. The only thing you're going to dye is wool, lol.

Wishing Ben and Megan a happy adventure.
Take care and hook that bunny rug.
Hugs, Julia

Gumbo Lily said...

I love those very special gifts like your 10 robins. Love notes.

I hear your mother's heart having a difficult time letting go, but off they've flown and I'm sure you will get in on so many communications of their big adventure. More blessings to come!

Latane Barton said...

I love your header! And, I feel for you..it is so hard to let the youngsters go... but we must so they can fly, fly, fly.

Rugs and Pugs said...

What an adventure Ben and Megan will have!!! I wish them the time of their lives. What a great opportunity. May God keep them safe on their journey!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Empty Nester said...

A 'modern day covered wagon.' How do you come up with such perfect descriptions? I'm so glad they are trying this but I feel your bittersweetness about it. It's going to be such fun for the kids! I hope they'll be posting the trip along the way. I'd love to tag along. :)

Three Sheep Studio said...

I watched the video. I’m excited for them and their children. Your heart must be heavy. I loved that you ended your post with - my field of dreams has more dreams to dream and adventures and mountains to climb. Keep looking and moving forward. God has amazing things for you and Ron.
Rose

Pom Pom said...

Oh, God be with them! What an adventure. I love it!
Take care of your sweet self, Kim. Do take that day off and revel in relaxation if at all possible.
Well, I'm not at all surprised that the robins came to you. You are very robin-y. LOVE LOVE LOVE to you, friend!

GretchenJoanna said...

I think you will have a lot of fun following along on their travels!! And no doubt you will do some praying about where they end up, am I right? <3

Debbie said...

oh a modern day covered wagon, i LOVED that!! it must be so difficult kim, but deep down inside, i know you are so happy for them!!!

i loved "your" closing words today, keep smiling kim!!!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I watched the video- good luck and God Speed to them. What a leap of faith and a great adventure for such a young family. I can imagine how bittersweet it was and is to know they are gone, but I hope she keeps up with the you tube posts so you can follow along, and of course there is always skype and facetime!

Unknown said...

What a sweet story of hopes and dreams. It's always hard on us as parents when they set off on an adventure but they know our hearts are with them. With my white hair, your grandson would really be worried about me....