Winter

Winter

Monday, April 17, 2017

Racing Through April!


The skies look like this pretty much this morning except there are tiny leaves on the tree.  I hope you had a lovely Easter. Ours was very nice. Ben cooked street tacos for us so it was easy for me. We had the grown up Easter egg hunt. I think everyone had fun with that. Then we played this game kind of like that old game called Telephone. Do you remember that? Only we started with a phrase and the next person had to draw the picture. Each person traded papers all around the room. By the time the paper gets back to its place of  origin, you cannot believe how everything changed from the original. I don't know when I have laughed so hard. It was a good day.


April is racing by isn't it? When I turned my daily calendar I couldn't believe today is already the 17th of April.
I won't make this a long post. I have all of the Monday things to get to today. I haven't talked about my fit bit experiment in awhile. I got my badge last week for 500 miles. That was a nice surprise. I am still trying to get at least 10,000 every day. I also had to come up with a balance. People are more important than my fitbit. So I have tried to let my OCD where its concerned take a back seat. Some days I can do that like yesterday. I took it off so that I could enjoy the kids. Most days though I try to get 14,000 steps. I feel better than I have in years. I have more energy and I can go longer than I used to and get more done. Which I need to be able to keep up with Ron. My goodness, he can get 25,000 steps each Saturday and Sunday.


We got our tomatoes and peppers planted this weekend. We hope to get the rest in this week. It feels nice to be planting seeds again.

I hope you have a lovely week.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I found out something last week. So many bloggers I used to read are now gone. I was clicking through the people I follow and I couldn't believe how many are just gone. I was shocked at that. So I am glad that you took the time to come and visit.
Happy Monday!

~Kim~

A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween. Erma Bombeck


So glad I am not doing laundry like this today. I love the apron though.


10 comments:

Julia said...

Hi Kim, I'm glad you had a great Easter celebration with your family. We did too but I totally forgot to take pictures even though I had put my camera on my desk so I wouldn't forget.

I have found out that many of my bloggers friends are gone too
I guess the novelty wears off or Facebook is more appealing to them. Everyone's life gets busy and some things change.

I'm glad you are feeling better and more fit. I still don't have a fitbit.

Hugs, Julia

Pom Pom said...

I'm glad you had a fun Easter! The game sounds hilarious!
The Fitbit is a funny thing. I've been wearing a pedometer and then the Fitbit for five years. I know when I get 10,000 (rarely) and I know an average sloth day is 3500, so I really don't need that imprint it makes on my wrist, but I keep wearing it. I think I like checking to see how much sleep I got more than anything AND checking my heart rate.
I know what you mean about bloggers going bye bye. I'm glad we keep it up. I still love it and I'm grateful for the sweet blog friends (like YOU!) that I've made.
How sweet is the photo of the aproned granny! I'm doing laundry today, too. I changed the sheets (Bill thinks I do this too much! Ha!)
Have a happy week, Kim!

Kessie said...

So you walked five hundred miles, but would you walk five hundred more? ;-)

I keep having to go through my blogroll and clean out old blogs that the owners have abandoned. It's kind of sad. I really liked some of these people.

Empty Nester said...

I suppose some people just get burned out on blogging. I've felt that way before but I got over it because I'd miss everyone too much. And then there's the thing where I have to spout off somewhere so...LOL My Fitbit died. After 4 years it just gave up. It's just as well since I haven't been walking at all. We still play the game, Telephone from time to time. But I'd love to try your grown up version! Sounds like big fun!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I am just about Fitbit obsessed. I have gotten 10,000+ steps a day for over 3 weeks, but never even close to 14,000. You go girl!!!
Yes, April is racing by. Heck, life is racing by.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Debbie said...

unlike many people, i love skies like those. such pretty blooms today - i too have a lot of people who i connected with and are no longer blogging!!

no fitbit here, it would be too depressing!!

Alica said...

Your Easter day sounds like fun! We had a grown up egg hunt too...I guess all of the grand children are grown ups too by now! :)
My goodness, you've been walking A LOT!! Way to go!
I know I haven't been blogging as much lately, but I'm hoping I can get back into it again. Sometimes it seems like I'm always blogging about the same things,and I'm not sure if it's interesting any more. :)

Gumbo Lily said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. We did too. So glad I don't have to do laundry over a kettle and fire!!

GretchenJoanna said...

I agree, April is racing ahead of me. I myself am not racing.... but every few days I look at the calendar and notice that there's not much of April left!

I bought tomato and basil plants today - usually we don't plant until the first of May, but after tomorrow our weather is going to be warming up, so I don't think I have to wait.

How many tomato plants did you put in this year? I have bought five plants so far, and I think that will be all I can squeeze in among the ornamentals.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

I have barely blogged in the past couple of years - changes in life seemed to take the wind out of my sails :) . Recently, though, I've really begun to miss both the blogging and those I'd got to 'know' through blogging. I'm hoping to get back to it more regularly (at once stage, I posted practically every day!!)
Nice to catch up with you again, Kim .... and WELL DONE on your 500 miles... I'm in awe!
Anne x