Winter

Winter

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

An Early Morning Walk


We have rain again today.  I thought it might be nice to go for my early morning walk.  I don't mind walking in the rain, but it is nicer when its dry. Sasha will go with me. She will not get off the porch in the rain. She got another mouse this morning. She is a happy dog. She has found her purpose in life. Enough said.


The birds are loosing their minds now. The mockingbirds are fighting like crazy. The dove are who-hooing. The blue jays are getting very aggressive towards the doves for nesting places. The meadowlarks are singing in the green grass. The finches are getting their spring coats and the phoebes are singing almost non stop, except of course, when I leave the yard and they can take baths in the swimming pool in peace. I admit to watching the phoebes take baths. They enjoy it so much. The hawks are really incredible. Three red-tailed hawks were incredible in their dance high up in the sky.


This morning I was out walking when one of my hens decided to come for a walk too.  I didn't think to much about it as they do love to come out where I am and take in the sights. Sasha feeling her oats after her warm breakfast, decided she might like a little chicken to go with her mouse. Sasha all I can say was a crazy dog. She never does anything but round the hens up and put them back in their coop all day if I would let her.  Today Sasha wouldn't let the hen back in the gate. The hen thought this was a good idea. ( Yes, hens think)


The hen went next door. It was no big deal when no one lived there but now that someone does I can't go jumping the fence anymore. Once she got on the other side of the fence, she started this little singing sound. Which said to me, " Wow, look at these digs!! I have never been in this place before, what if I go over here and check this place out." So I jumped the fence. I chased her around in the driveway of the neighbors yard.
( Just an aside, I grew up on that other side of the fence, so its a weird feeling thinking once through the fence, I become Kim the girl.) Like Alice Through the Looking Glass.


As I chased her around a bit, ( Great for getting steps.) She finally went back on our side of the fence. To the front yard. Now that we don't live out in the country anymore there is traffic. Lots of traffic. There I am on a early morning chasing this hen in the front yard, who does not want to be caught. She finally decides that she wants to go on the front porch. Sasha has now turned into White Fang.  Sasha manages to  get the hen up on the front railings and I grabbed her, drawing her to my chest, because White Fang is wanting to jump up and bite her. The hen is flapping and squawking and I am just praying no one is out there with a phone filming this for You Tube. Sad isn't it that you can do anything anymore with out someone filming it?


 Its always interesting when I go outside. Today I saw lots of little cats that live behind us. Some of the prettiest kittens I have seen in awhile. I must harden my heart, but I am intent on getting them used to me so I can pet them. I am their daily entertainment.  I saw something really interesting. A whole flock of finches were in the furrows of the pasture when I was walking. They were following me all over the pasture. On the ground, walking. At first I thought it was baby killdeers, but it wasn't it was finches. When I finished walking, they flew up in the trees in the yard and just talked among themselves. I think they are really missing sunflowers.

Wishes for free.
Thank you so much for visiting today. Thank you so much for sharing my life. Have a beautiful day,

~Kim~

 “When in these fresh mornings I go into my garden before anyone is awake, I go for the time being into perfect happiness. In this hour divinely fresh and still, the fair face of every flower salutes me with a silent joy. . . . All the cares, perplexities, and griefs of existence, all the burdens of life slip from my shoulders and leave me with the heart of a little child that asks nothing beyond the present moment of innocent bliss.”
-- Celia Thaxter

14 comments:

Kessie said...

That is hilarious! Stupid chicken! Does Sasha want to kill everything now? How do you teach her not to?

Julia said...

Oh oh, Sasha is taking her guardian role seriously.
Amazing to see all the flowering trees. Their delicate flowers are so pretty.

I can see you like to bird watch too. You seem to have a good assortment around your house. So nice to see green grass even on the computer. It's been a mild day again today and snow is melting a bit.
Hugs,
Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

Thanks for taking us on your walk.
Time to get my steps in...sigh.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Pom Pom said...

I love hearing about the birds AND the chickens. Do you have an umbrella?

Susan Kane said...

Chickens are downright stupid.
Lovely blossoms!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Thanks for the early morning walk. It sounds exhausting !!!! Lol
You have an interesting life, Kim.
Rose

GretchenJoanna said...

The tree blossoms are too beautiful!

I often wish I had chickens, but I'm glad I don't have any that need chasing down!

Christine said...

Hello Kim! what an eventful walk with too much excitement! Hens do crave adventure sometimes as my dad's often want to go exploring!
I really loved your photos of the blossoms - so pretty and now I'll go look for some though it'll probably be a few weeks yet until ours bloom.

Jacque. said...

I don't know where I've been, lately...but I haven't been here reading your blog. I miss your posts...always informative (who knew chickens could think?) and often funny! Love you! xo

Diana Ferguson said...

Enjoyed your pics!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

It's always a treat to read about your little adventures. And wow, those blossoms. I especially love the third photo, the one after the hyacinth. Stunning perspective.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your photos mesmerize me while your words dance around creating more wonderful images in my head. An intoxicating combination. I love Kim the Girl LOL....It's hard to believe you have traffic anywhere near you seeing these wonderful pictures. I don't know what a phoebe is...I will need to look that up to see if I would recognize one. Perhaps we do not have them here in Nod.... Hope things get a bit drier for you.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

What a relaxing post and just shouts the Glory of God's creation. He didn't have to make us nature to enjoy, and yet He did. Have a great weekend.

Debbie said...

WoW!!! kim, you are really getting to know your birds and their habits!! an early morning walk is always so refreshing and your pictures today are the best, so beautiful!!

i keep thinking about sasha's breath!!!!