Winter

Winter

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

From My Fencepost


Its already Wednesday can you believe it?  They finally started the road work out front. The sound of equipment is driving me crazy. I always thought I was a pretty calm person but these last few days have been cruel and unusual punishment. Here are the pictures I took this morning.





Then next door.

The man who bought the property next door told us when he bought it he was going to put in a garage on this property. He is smart like a fox. He has them dumping the chewed up asphalt for a road and the dirt they have removed is being dumped to build a pad for the garage. So not only in front do I have those earth movers but I have them going down the side of my house. All day long. I keep telling myself, "Keep your eyes focused on the end of this project, sidewalks and street lights. It will be worth it." We don't have trash service nor mail service right now. 

The painting is going well. We finished up the entry and hall. I have things rearranged. Still not sure if it will remain this way. Here is how it looks right now.




Our project this weekend will be the living room, all and the little breakfast area in the kitchen. Maybe too big but that is our plan. Elliot and Peter are going to help and with four adults painting I think we can do it.
It feels so nice to be cleaning and organizing as I go. I can't wait to start my bedroom. The kitchen seems a bit daunting for me. It will be nice when its all done.

I have not been able to sleep for a week, because I had this wool project going around in my head. Yesterday, I decided I was going to cut out another pattern for a Hobbs for my oldest grand daughter and then I thought I will cut out this wool project I see in my mind. Of course, its a rooster. I really do enjoy working with wool.

I have been listening to The Amazing Mrs. Polifax on my head phones. That way I can sort of drown out the noise. I slept last night finally. I got this out of my head. I hope you have an amazing day today.

Bye for now,
~Kim~



“I realized that the deepest spiritual lessons are not learned by His letting us have our way in the end, but by His making us wait, bearing with us in love and patience until we are able to honestly to pray what He taught His disciples to pray: Thy will be done.”
― Elisabeth Elliot, Passion and Purity: Learning to Bring Your Love Life Under Christ's Control



14 comments:

Debbie said...

ooooh kim, it's good to hear from you today!! this is the kind of work chuck and i did before we "kinda" retired!! i always enjoy seeing a peek inside your beautiful and cozy home!!

i love your newest rooster project, you sure do have a lot going on. i hope you accomplish what you want to this weekend!!!

TexWisGirl said...

the rooster is really cute. good luck with the continued noise and disruptions...

Unknown said...

Oh no, no wonder you're going crazy!! That's a lot more torn up than I thought. I bet your room is the nicest place right, being the farthest away from the noise. I love your rooster! I hope you get some peace today.

Pom Pom said...

I'm so sorry you have to put up with all that noise and dust. I hope it's a happy edition (the road) and that it makes life on the farm better. Your entry looks lovely! I admire you for all of your hard, hard, hard work! Way to go!

Kessie said...

The older we get, the Grinch-like we are about the noise, noise, noise. But ugh, that amount of demolition is awful. How long until they're done?

Your rooster is adorable. :-)

Gumbo Lily said...

Dirt and dust is hard to deal with right out there in front of your fence. I do hope it will be well worth it in time.

Your house looks so crisp and fresh and bright. What a great feeling to have it all tidy and organized and beautiful too!

Your wool chicken is really cute. Wool is fun to embroider on.

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a fun, funky chicken. I love his long legs! That would be a fun one to hook, too.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Alica said...

All the construction noise would bother me too. The back up beeping, especially! Your house looks so inviting! It must be so satisfying to get all of that painting done, and fun to rearrange everything too!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your rooster is heaven !!!
So much fun. You will always remember the summer of road work ! (The same summer you painted your house)
Books on CD sounds like a perfect solution!
Rose

Kerin said...

Good grief! They sure have made a mess there. Hope they eat their Wheaties, work extra hard and fast, and get out of there quickly :)

Super cute wool project that your doing... can't wait to see it finished!

Love how the fresh and clean all the new paint looks. How nice to have it clean, fresh and organized... yay!!

Keep those headphones in and listening to Mrs. Polifax, and drowning out the ruckus!

~Smiles :)

~K.

Kerin said...

Good grief! They sure have made a mess there. Hope they eat their Wheaties, work extra hard and fast, and get out of there quickly :)

Super cute wool project that your doing... can't wait to see it finished!

Love how the fresh and clean all the new paint looks. How nice to have it clean, fresh and organized... yay!!

Keep those headphones in and listening to Mrs. Polifax, and drowning out the ruckus!

~Smiles :)

~K.

Debbie said...

Well I too for sure would be having a hard time with all the NOISE and dust and activity, but your right I am sure, the end result will make it all worth it. Won't be long and it will be behind you. The rooster is SOO cute! I do that too sometimes. Go to sleep figuring out in my head how I am going to do something, lol. I am LOVING the paint...what a GOOD feeling that has got to be. Don't work too hard, and enjoy the rest of your week!

GretchenJoanna said...

This is a time when you can be grateful that it's summer, and your windows are shut to keep in the cool and dust-free AC'd air. We don't want your fresh and new walls to get dust all over them.

I too love your rooster!

Empty Nester said...

It's never easy to listen to all that noise. Are they stirring up a lot of dirt and dust too? The rooster is perfect! I'm about to start a rug. In other words, I keep putting it off because I have no idea what I'm doing. LOL