Winter

Winter

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!


 


 Spring is around the corner. The blowy days of March are here. I do love March. We get all kinds of weather in March and I love all of the changing clouds and bright blue skies. I love the wind and I love the rain. Then every so often a 70 degree day is thrown in for good measure. 

I have been happily hooking, sewing and gardening. We have a nursery just down the street from us and when I have to get out of the house for a bit, I can go down there and explore. Its a big nursery and I have yet to reach the end of the property. Ron is going to take the day off tomorrow and we are going to buy some Lilacs, Oklahoma Redbud and whatever else we can plant in our front yard. Ron has taken out the bushes, boring bushes that were here and replaced them with his Japanese Maples. We had a tree company come take out the diseased cherry tree and the Oleanders last week. 




That is the empty flowerbed we had everything taken out of. That tree and bushes are the neighbor next door. I had to be fast because I was still in my pajamas and when you have neighbors it feels pretty weird being outside in public. Even though, I am surprised that the neighbors do come outside in P.J.s 

I finished Windy Day, which is the reason for the post. Last year when Saundra did a post on her adorable rug, I bought it. Then we moved. I finally got to hook it a year later. Its a very lovely rug.


Its called Windy Day. By Primitive Grace.--- W. Cushing and Company. I love whimsical rugs and designs so much. 

My next rug is called Mr. Whiskers by Star Rug company. I love bunny rugs. Hooking is just so much fun that I don't have a million things to get done each day. In my other house, I woke up every morning so sore I just couldn't move. I thought that it must be because I was getting old. Then we moved. I haven't been that sore in six months. I wake up every day excited to be alive and some kind of fun list to accomplish which involves lots of creative things. It might be gardening or hooking or needle punch or working with wool. All of it is amazing to me. Ron has started working on his Bonsai again, He has grown these trees for years and now to see him finally get to create again is just just an huge incredible blessing. 


I hope you have the best day! I love Wednesdays. Well, every morning now, I love whatever day it happens to be. 

Blessings today from me to you.

~Kim~


Saint Patrick's Breastplate...

Christ be with me, Christ within me,

Christ behind me, Christ before me,

Christ beside me, Christ to win me,

Christ to comfort and restore me.

Christ beneath me, Christ above me,

Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,

Christ in hearts of all that love me,

Christ in mouth of friend and stranger


 


 

10 comments:

Saundra said...

You did a fantastic job on Windy Day, wasn't it a fun rug to hook? Soon as I saw it on Cushing's web site knew it had to be mine. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Windy Day turned out so sweet!!!
My neighbors are known as the pajama people. I live in a neighborhood with small lots and the houses are near the street. Some days they are in their jammies morning, noon and night and he will walk down the sidewalk in his bathrobe and sleep pants. I makes me crazy!!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hello Dear Kim... Oh, those Japanese maples are going to look wonderful! I do love Oleander, but so rarely see it as it does not grow here (obviously!) But oh, I REALLY love lilacs...one of my top 5 favorites. I'd be in real trouble if there were a huge nursery down the street from me LOL...especially one that I assume is open year round? How I would love looking down the street and see palm trees! I think you said you do not care for them though?? Spring is knocking on our door with some days of mild temps...but then we get a couple inches of snow...We won't be out of the woods for quite some time. I like breezes, but the wind sets me on edge. It took me the better part of my life to come to understand this, and I am not certain why it is so, but it's one of my many contradictions and anomalies. Your Windy Day turned out wonderfully! I love the background colors especially well. I will have to look up your new pattern to see if I am familiar with it (I often don't recognize things by name, surprise, surprise!) I, too, am a sucker for bunnies and was actually toying with the idea of hooking a bunny...just a small thing until I decide which of my existing WIPs I am going to tackle going back to...but Easter is really just around the corner and I know I would likely lose interest afterwards until again next year LOL. And I haven't even dragged out my bunnies to decorate this year. I am glad that you are so thoroughly enjoying life. It warms my heart to hear your heart is so very happy...and full. Keep enjoying! ~Robin~

Olde Dame Holly said...

What cute patterns you are finishing! I am forever outside in my muumuus. I even drive in them. I'm finally the old grey-haired lady in the muumuu and housecoat!

Julia said...

Good morning Kim, your rug looks great. It's so nice seeing spring-like temperatures here too.

I'm glad that you and Ron are finally getting to garden again and that you are finding life easier. I'm looking forward to seeing your new gardens in full glory.
Happy St Patrick Day to you too although, I'm a day late.
Hugs, Julia

Kessie said...

The soil must be really bad if the stuff growing there before was diseased. I hope you can add stuff to improve it! That heavy clay soil is just the worst. I'm so glad you're able to do fun things again. I'm beginning to slowly disappear into deep cleaning this place in preparation for moving, and it's such a huge time sink.

Gretchen Joanna said...

Happy Spring, Kim! I can just imagine your skies and the feeling of the season there.

What a good report, about you getting your youthful energy back, with downsizing. It's wonderful that you moved in time to enjoy this new season of life.

Windy Day is indeed a very appealing design!

Bonnie K said...

Sounds like you are settled and getting into the swing of things. Love the rug. It will be awhile before I see any blooms.

Hill Top Post said...

Your Windy Day rug is such a great piece and a perfect finish for this windy month. Also looking back I took time to admire your Edith O'Neal's Cape Ann. What a beautiful rug you have created. I love everything Edith O'Neal has done. She has been a great inspiration for many of the dolls I have made. I have three Japanese maples which I just carefully trimmed. I did a bit of research on Bonsai so that I didn't just whack off limbs leaving stubs. Your hubbies collection will be a perfect addition to the beds where those plain old bushes were.

Pom Pom said...

How lovely is Windy Day! I wish we had some spring weather but I'll just enjoy yours!