Winter

Winter

Friday, October 21, 2016

More PIctures!


I am so glad Ron takes pictures. By the time I had my camera out, the bird had flown away. I was so glad he was able to capture it. Its so nice to have picture to look at and to remember what fun we had. Here are a few of things we saw and did last weekend.


There were those sea lions out on the rocks.  The tide was coming in and we didn't go down on the beach. The sea lions just laid there and let the ocean splash on them.


There was this place where this man had all of this huge driftwood. He had turned it into just incredible
pieces. Some of those pieces of driftwood were 12 feet tall and maybe 8 feet around.


Like this one. It was just massive.  The gallery was never open, but it would have been nice to go see what he had inside.


We went into this tiny little antique store. Sitting in the back was this amazing sextant. It really is museum quality. When I was a girl, I read this book called Maria Mitchell-Girl Astronomer. She was a Quaker girl. She was the first woman astronomer. But the book I read was about as a young girl she would use her Father's sextant. It just intrigued me.

They were having a scarecrow festival when we were there so outside every business was a scarecrow. I think this one was the best one we saw. Here is a better close up of his wings.

They were feathers. He was really awesome.

These were really cool too, just a tiny bit creepy. The eyes looked so real that I didn't like to stand there very long.

Then we found the rock store. I think we stayed here longer than any place. Not to mention the rain was really coming down.

You can't really tell how big this amethyst is from this picture, but you could have used it for a coffee table.

 These are the spheres that Ron is so transfixed by, one year for Christmas I bought him a solid black onyx.
He loves them. We were talking to a rock hound one time and he said, " Don't ever start making spheres because that will be all you ever want to do." He really wants one of these to go with his black one.

He also really liked this sculpture. It was one solid piece of stone, but whoever carved it, the alligators on top are a different kind of stone, but it was still all one piece. It was incredible.

These were very cool too. I don't know how they managed to make these spheres with the amethysts exposed.

Here is me trying to take a picture of something. I was so wet. I was trying to keep my phone dry. The tide was out, so Ron wanted to pick up more rocks so we could tumble them in the rock polisher. This was going to be the as far as the tide was going to be out on our trip. I didn't have a dry coat so I just took one of my shirts and used it. We walked miles and miles so I was finally warmed up.


My coat had finally dried enough to wear the next day. It was stormy and I didn't know Ron was taking my picture.

I love seeing the ocean when its stormy.

I am so glad we got away together. We had such a nice time together. I always think that the poem by Robert Browning, " “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made. Our times are in his hand who saith, 'A whole I planned, youth shows but half; Trust God: See all, nor be afraid!”

I feel so privileged to be here right now. God never fails nor is He late with His promises.

Thank you so much for stopping by,

~Kim~



“I was made and meant to look for you and wait for you and become yours forever.”
― Robert Browning

15 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

It is so nice to see a couple of photos of you. I just returned from the west coast and it is beautiful out there. Rained after I left looks like you are not as lucky. Too bad.Have fun. Hug B

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oops I see you have returned LOL B

Kerin said...

Even with the rainy and stormy weather, everything is so pretty.
Some really fun shops there, and creative scarecrows.
I'm so glad for you that you enjoyed your trip, and that you are enjoying this season in your life so much and are so grateful for it.
Me too! I love this season of our lives and so thankful that we are so blessed :)

{{hugs}}
~K.

Empty Nester said...

Sea lions! What a fantastic treat! We don't have them here. I guess it's too warm. It's too warm for me, too. LOL LOVE the pictures! I don't think I've ever seen driftwood that large. Or brown. Ours is always gray. Is that the difference between wet and dry, maybe? The scarecrows were my favorites even though I'll probably have scary dreams tonight. :)

Rugs and Pugs said...

So many wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing.
My grandson would love rock store. I collected so many rocks for him and bought a few, too, while out west. I will finally see him tonight to give them all to him.
That picture of the dogs is too funny, and yes, a bit creepy.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Gumbo Lily said...

What a fun get-away! Cool things you found there!

Kessie said...

I love all the rock pictures! I hope Dad gets a white one to match his black one. It'll look so cool on a coffee table someday. A crystal ball and a palantir. :-)

Pom Pom said...

Aw! How very very sweet! You guys had a lot of fun. You're a couple of scientists!

Christine said...

You were so brave to rally on & enjoy each moment at the beach! It looks so much like here with all that low grey cloud & constant rain!

TexWisGirl said...

i love rocks. and geodes. well, driftwood, too. :)

Kim said...

About an hour from here is a rock hound paradise. Ron would go wild along the Bay of Fundy shores. Glad you got away for a bit. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.

Three Sheep Studio said...

What an amazing scare crow! Wow.
Looks like a nice getaway !!
Rose

Unknown said...

Will and I love Cambria. We spent hours and hours on Moonstone Beach picking up sea glass

GretchenJoanna said...

I can imagine how invigorating that trip was! It reminds me of one time when my husband and I went to a North Coast beach for an anniversary trip. We really wanted to spend time on the beach, so even though it was stormy, we went, stopping to get ponchos on the way. We were on the beach a few minutes when the wind ripped our rain ponchos apart. We were soaked and had to change our clothes in the car because we had already checked out of our motel, but the whole thing was so much fun because it was just we two....

Thank you for the pictures which are a joy.

GretchenJoanna said...

Oh, and I would have liked to spend hours in the rock store, too! I love those agates. We started a tradition of giving our grandchildren bookends for high school graduation, and the bookends made from agates are perfect for that.