Winter

Winter

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May Odds and Ends

Happy May

Can you believe its May? This year is just flying by. I was thinking this morning. Ten years ago I started blogging. I was fifty. Tomorrow I will be sixty. I admit to feeling a little shocked I am that old. I hope that I can just move on from here. But blogging ten years now that is an accomplishment.

How about a before and after.
I had this table in my entry. I decided to try my hand at using milk paint. I really love using milk paint.
I am very happy at how it turned out.
But first here is what it looked like before I started.

As I started really looking into redoing this table, I found out that someone put together a table from nothing but parts. Even the front of the drawer, someone made two holes and cut it out with a hack saw. As my grandmother used to say, " You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear." Which was what I was going to do.

Here is my finished table.




I am very happy. This was my test subject. All of the vanities in my bathrooms need to be refinished this year. So I wanted to get myself in practice with something that wasn't going to be a big deal. I like the look and I am very happy with it.

This weekend while Ron and I were working on our garden. Which we got part of it planted but not all of it. The guy that lives on the other side of my brother, let a man who had lost his lease  on land where in the fall he has a Halloween town and at Christmas a Christmas town. We were shocked to start seeing all of these buildings begin pulling in on flat bed trucks. It freaks me out to look at it. Its like a dead town moved in.



A silent town on a prairie

Just sitting there with their eyes covered
All waiting for a home.
Creepy right? Unless I walk over there and count them for sure, I am guessing there are 20 or more. They are in a circle and they almost fill that whole pasture. It could even be a set for a movie. I catch my breath every time I happen to look over at them. Is just so silent. I will be glad when they are moved on to a different place.


Emilie came over and fixed my flowers. I have some other things to write blog posts about. I have been as busy as a bee. Ron and I race the heat, we have to get so much done before it gets here which will be by the weekend.

Happy May, I wish you the best month.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I know that you are as busy as me.

~Kim~

It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.
---C.S. Lewis

13 comments:

Angela said...

Happy birthday Kim! What do you have planned? Hope it is wonderful!

Pom Pom said...

I'll turn 60 in September. We're twins.
How do you feel about turning 60? When I turned 50 I thought nothing of it, but I've thought about turning 60 much more.
Happy birthday tomorrow!

Julia said...

Happy Birthday KIm. I hope that you celebrate this milestone. I wish I was still 60. I'll turn 72 in November and starting to slow down.

You silent village looks kind of out of place. I hope it only there temporary.

I may be living under a rock because I never heard of milk paint but you little table looks real good and I love your flowers. I can't wait till my peonies bloom this spring but right now they are under tons of flood water. It's been a stressful day but the cows got milk but the milk had to be dumped as the tank is full. I stayed home which made it very stressful.
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

I love your table good job! We are in for some warmth to morrow but not lasting heat yet at this point
Cathy

Three Sheep Studio said...

I hope you have a wonderful Birthday Kim !
Your table turned out fresh and lovely and is perfect with those gorgeous flowers !
Enjoy your day.
Rose

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy birthday and congratulations on ten years of blogging. I hope to be reading you for another ten.
Great job on the table!!!

Susan Kane said...

Happy #60!

The abandoned little homes are really creepy. It could be a scene for a movie, a creepy movie.

Debbie said...

happy birthday kim, you are in great shape for 60. so active...and all those foot steps, you are a rock star!!

i LOVE the table, it came out great and it looks awesome in the entry!!!

10 years of blogging is a great milestone. i think i have been around for 8 years!!!

Gumbo Lily said...

Happy 10 years blogging! And Happy 60th birthday to you! You are such a gift!

That silent village is a little creepy. I don't blame you for feeling strange about it. I can't imagine how that would feel to see it all of the sudden there.

Your table is so great! I tried to read what it said and all I can really make out is HONEY. What else? LOVE those flowers. Oh my! I'm just now getting a few daffodils and the hyacinth are just budding out. Spring!

Alica said...

Happy birthday a few days late! I've been a "bad" blogger friend lately...I have hardly had time to read or comment (or write) on my favorite blogs! I hope the heat this weekend hasn't been too bad out there!
If all your kids were still at home, I bet they'd have fun exploring all those buildings if they could! But I would feel funny about seeing all of that next to me all of a sudden too!
Happy May to you...your flowers are so pretty!

Bonnie K said...

Wow! You have been busy. I wouldn't like all of those houses either. Your desk turned out wonderfully. Normally I don't like to paint over wood, but that really was an improvement. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Happy Birthday...a bit late! Your table looks wonderful! Happy Tenth Blogging Anniversary! So many of the blogs that were out there when I began six years ago have gone by the wayside. Glad you are still here. Always enjoy hearing from you.
Robyn

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Your table turned out very pretty. I've heard of chalk paint, but not milk paint. Will have to investigate. Those houses are creepy...I hope they move on soon.