Winter

Winter

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Almost Thanksgiving

My Favorite color Mums
Here we are the week before Thanksgiving. I feel much smarter this year. Everyone is bringing something if they want to and what doesn't get here we will still have more than enough food. I hope you and your friends and family will have a wonderful day. We are doing the turkey of course.

That top picture on my blog was the last of my pumpkins. I had no idea there were still that many left. I wish I remembered what kind those Cinderella pumpkins are for sure. I cut one, it really reminded me of banana squash. It smelled so good that I think I will be using them like banana squash. Thinking about how good they smelled makes my mouth water. They are very meaty. My chickens went crazy for them.


I just wanted to wish you a very happy and wonderful Thanksgiving. Have a lovely week,

~Kim~

 When we believe in the impossible, it becomes possible, and we can do all kinds of extraordinary things.
Madeleine L'Engle

6 comments:

Kessie said...

Those are such pretty pumpkins! Sophie is sitting here going, "Punkins, Mom! Punkins!"

Gumbo Lily said...

Beautiful pumpkins!
My Thanksgiving dinner will roll out like yours -- everybody brings something they like and I do the main course. It works just great!

God bless your gathering!

Julia said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. It's a good idea to let everyone bring what they want. Thanksgiving shouldn't be stressful at all and filled with thankfulness.

We celebrated Thanksgiving on October 9th.
Your pumpkins are just so pretty. I never heard of banana squash. They must be a new variety.

Enjoy your week.
Hugs, Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

I never heard of banana squash either, but I am not a squash lover.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Debbie said...

oh kim, that is how we have always done things at my nieces house. they bake one turkey and fry another - all the guests bring everything else!!!

this year, we are going to my son's, girlfriends, mothers house, in north carolina and i don't know what to expect!!

have a wonderful holiday kim, i just love your pumpkins!!!

GretchenJoanna said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kim! This is a pretty wonderful tradition our ancestors started!