Winter

Winter

Sunday, July 16, 2017

A Summer Evening


Here we are at midway in July. I really wanted to start this post griping about the heat. As I just came in from outside and I had to wait before I could type because of my sweaty hands.  That wasn't what I wanted to write about. I wanted to tell you about all of the nice things I have going on in my life. I have been thinking of the things I am thankful for and how I can choose to be grumpy or I can be happy.

1. My garden loves hot days. It loves the heat and the flowers bloom and the tomatoes get ripe. The cucumbers are growing great.

2. There is a new sunflower blooming every day. Ditto with the zinnias.

3. I go swimming every night. The water is perfection.


 4. The new kitty is getting better day by day. It does have a name now.
Banjo. It seems like a good name. I can change it any time I feel like since it is still technically a stray.

5. With Ron's early hours now, I am up way before the sun. I get to watch a new sunrise every day. I love being outside in the early morning. I love the peace that a new morning brings.

6. I love my kids and my grands. I love that no matter what, when  they have all been in a trial or just out of a trial.
They weather the storms with grace and honor and guts. Which makes me so proud and thankful they are such wonderful people and they are in my life. I am still amazed they like me.


7. I love being this age. I have enough years behind me to find it easier to accept things I cannot change.
Acceptance comes easier. Well except when I get a jury summons. I know that God has never failed.

8. I love summer fruit. It seems that this year every thing just tastes sweeter.

9. Chickens. What is there to say besides that.


10. Books, sewing and rug hooking. I have enjoyed the work of my hands so much this summer. It has been so nice to sit and do those quiet things after my work is finally done. I think with my produce I have been canning almost every day, when I do get to sit I feel like I have earned my hand work time. For some reason I haven't figured out, it makes me so thankful and happy.

Just a list of things that I needed to tell myself. Things I need to be thankful for and not complain. I do complain far too much. Even I am tired of hearing me. I hope your week is a fantastic one.

Thank you for stopping by today,
~Kim~

My almost every day occurrence.
"Fruits have been visible on the apple tree and on all the various trees around me, for some time, and now they are reddening, ripening and swelling and darkening.  Stand at the top of the stone steps , now, looking through the branches and they are what you first notice.  Turn your head.  In the wilderness garden of the derelict cottage, the apple trees and bending with fruit, berry-red and huge."
The Magic Apple Tree by Susan Hill ( My current reading book.) Among others. I think I am reading five.

7 comments:

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your flowers are lovely Kim !
I need to start my own list. I love the early quiet mornings also.
Rose

GretchenJoanna said...

Just now I was taking a walk in the warm evening. When it is still over 70° after 9:00 p.m. that is rare, and to be relished. Of course, we had to have a 96° afternoon to arrive at this place...

I have been grumpy and complainy but I did notice the gift of being outdoors when it is summer-balmy. Thank God!

Julia said...

It would make me happy to see all your fruit trees and your garden. It seems that the simple things is what makes us happy.
It's so nice that you have all these veggies to preserve and soon the fruits will be ripe. What a blessing.

The only things that I've picked so far are peas. The romaine lettuce is ready and I'm checking the potatoes this morning.

Have a great week.
Hugs, Julia

Debbie said...

your flowers are so beautiful kim...we all have so many things to be thankful for!!!

my garden is growing in leaps and bounds!!!

Gumbo Lily said...

It's been very hot here these past couple of weeks, but we did get a nice little thunderstorm one evening. My garden loves the heat too and it's really coming along. I just love summer because it seems to go by so quickly and then we are into cold temps. I love your long list of thankfuls.

My zinnias are now budding so it won't be long until I get some big, bold blooms! Happy Thankful Summer.

Pom Pom said...

I love it that you jump in the pool every night! I would, too!
Yay for your lovely garden! I love your thankful heart!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful post. We all have much to be thankful for!!!