Winter

Winter

Friday, July 31, 2015

Last Friday In July


Can you believe that we are almost to August? I  like turning the page on my calendars. I like greeting a new month. Even if it is August.

We found out yesterday, that grand baby number nine is going to be a girl!!! I think that is exciting news. That will bring the total to 5 boys 4 girls. She will make her appearance in November, right around Thanksgiving. I think that is a wonderful way to give thanks. Her sister next to her will turn two.  They might even have the same birthdays.

I finished a wood project today. It still smells like paint. I am glad I finished something wood before summer is over.

When we have people over and as it seems lots of people now. I always want some place to put my silverware. I saw this pattern online here. 
I have this huge old wood pile that I need to be using up, so I thought this was a good first. Poor Ron, first the windmill and now wood projects. He is so good to put up with my ideas.

 So next time we are having a dinner, I can set this on the counter and put the silverware in the jars and not
have them scattered everywhere.  In one neat place.

Last weekend The Old Tattered Flag was having a Christmas in July sale. I love her patterns, and I don't need any more patterns, but I did buy a couple. Just because they are so cute. Which I want to give her a plug. She has the best service in the whole wide world. She is in New York and I got those patterns in two days. I don't know how she did it but she is just the best.

As I post these pictures, they are quite a contrast together. I can't wait to get started on both of them.


I am having a Friday night sleepover with four of our grandsons. Pizza, Smores, Popcorn, and
Despicable Me and some Minecraft. With swimming just to keep them cooled off. It should be a nice busy
weekend. I am glad they like spending the night here.

Have a lovely weekend,
~Kim~


“So he caught her in his arms and kissed her, and they were very happy, and told each other what a beautiful world it was, and how wonderful it was that they should have found each other, seeing that the world is not only beautiful but rather large.”
― E. Nesbit, The Magic World

“Even I never dreamed of Magic like this!”
― C.S. Lewis, The Chronicles of Narnia


“Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don`t fit into boxes.”
― Tori Amos

16 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the sleepover should be fun! i like the silverware keeper!

Will and Tracy said...

I couldn't remember how to comment the other day when I came to get caught up but now I remember. I am very excited about the new baby girl. I love your windmill. I am crazy about your wood project and since I have old wood too, I may sink my teeth into these kinds of projects one day. You should put some wood projects also in your etsy shop. Your rugs are AMAZING. I loved everyone of them. Okay now I am caught up.

Kessie said...

Whew! Been cleaning house and just sat down. I love your new patterns! In the early mornings lately, it's smelled very faintly of fall. It's like the waning of the year has a smell. The pool is already cooling off. I'm ready for pumpkins and fall colors again.

Pom Pom said...

Yay for another grand girl! Yay! Yay! Yay!
I love the cutlery box. VERY COOL!
I know what you mean. I'm a little worried about my energy tanks staying full over the weekend, too.

Julia said...

Your silverware keeper is ultra cute and so are those new patterns.
Congratulations on the new awaited baby girl. November is my birth month.

It's a long weekend here and I don't even know whay that means. A long working weekend. lol

Enjoy the Blue Moon tonight.
Hugs,
JB

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Sounds like a great weekend and love your silverware tray. November is a good month for a Birthday, mine is the 21st. Having eye surgery next Wednesday....hope this one goes as well as the last one did.
Louise

GretchenJoanna said...

I'm so glad about your next grandchild in the womb. Glory to God for His blessing of fruitfulness. I know you will get through August's heat just fine, as you are a hearty veteran. May the Lord protect us all from wildfires!

Joy said...

Hi Kim,
the silverware keeper is cool, nice of Ron to make that for you. Reminds me of the things I come up with for my husband to make, poor guy. That sunflower rug runner is great too. And that wood table... very nice. Were you stripping that at some point recently? It looks great. I just finished stripping a small-ish table and decided to strip another one for our kitchen. I know you'll have fun with your new patterns and congrats on the upcoming birth of your newest family member.

Nellie said...

Wow! Even I would like spending the night there, Kim! Sounds like a grand party with the grandsons! Congratulations on the coming granddaughter! Thanksgiving! Such a blessing for giving thanks! xo Nellie

Kerry said...

What a full and beautiful life. :-) And so much to look forward to!

Kim said...

Ooh, I love those patterns. And congratulations on a new grand baby. Exciting stuff

Susan Kane said...

Lovely post! And a new gr-daughter! Such happy news.

Gail said...

Making memories.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Wow, what a fabulous idea for storing cutlery when having others over for a meal. I LOVE it!!!

Gumbo Lily said...

Congratulations on the new-baby-on-the-way! It'll be a fine Thanksgiving.

I like the silverware box very much. And I like how you're using it for displaying flowers too. Good idea.

Have fun with those grandkids. They'll have such good memories growing up.

Debbie said...

that is a clever idea, for holding the silverware. i have one, i bought it of course, and it's not nearly as nice!!! if you were having a small get together, you could put a few flowers from your garden in each vase and then send each "girl" home with a vase. sometime you can get those small vases in the dollar store for a buck. it's a nice take-a-way!!!!