Winter

Winter

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Mom Brag Post

I just had to write this, because since I opened the mail I have been in tears. When you home school or when I started home schooling in the dark ages. In those days, no one was home schooling and we did it with the drapes closed. I doubted myself and my ability. I knew that since I had been a terrible student in school, what game was I playing thinking I could home educate my children? I hung on to God very tightly and prayed almost constantly on my knees that "And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Well today, I got a package in the mail. I opened it. In it was this:





 This is Kessie's book in paperback!!! There has never been a single day in her life that I haven't been proud of her. So when I opened this box, and held in my hands her book. I have held her babies and rocked them and I have just been a grandmother and a mom. But this was different, because I was her teacher. For 12 years. She was demo child number one. She had to sit through me trying to be smarter than a first grader. 

 The back of the book says " When the beekeepers arrive in February, bringing their bees to pollinate the almond crop, one of them acts like a vampire and says his name is Malevolent, and tries to murder Libby's lousy boyfriend. Yet his honey improves her illness, and his bees sing words that she can understand." Libby, a high school senior, has been bedridden for six months with Valley Fever, struck on her father's farm in California's central valley."
I can't wait to start it tonight.

Thank you for reading along, I just had to share.

~Kim~


“You are not what others think you are. You are what God knows you are.”
― Shannon L. Alder


 

18 comments:

Gail said...

That is so awesome!!!! How could she not be a success with a mom whose heart is as full as yours?

Rugs and Pugs said...

That is just too cool!
Congrats to Kessie ~ and you.
Hugs :)
Lauren

camp and cottage living said...

No sneak preview, Kim?
I can see why you are so proud.
Yeah, for Kessie!

ezel said...

Thanks Nice blog and sharing
Vimax

Buttons Thoughts said...

That is awesome, like Gail said. Congratulations to her and you Mom:) Oh it sounds very interesting. Hug B

Anonymous said...

It's true that God gives everything if we ask him with whole heart.Nice to hear about the book...

Three Sheep Studio said...

This is just amazing ! What a grand accomplishment!
Rose

Jacque. said...

WOW! You have every reason to be proud...both of you! xo

Julia said...

What a wonderful way to start your day and what a precious gift from your daughter. This is so exciting... Congratulations to Kessie.
I think that you have every right to be proud of her. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. You taught her well.
I'm glad that you told us about her new book.
I'm keeping Kezzie and the baby in my daily prayers.
Hugs,
JB

Susan said...

Awesome!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

What a joy for both of you! A real testimony of how God has worked through you to her all of these years. I would be crying too. :)
Congratulations to Kessie, and to her mom.

Christine said...

How fantastic for you and your 'demo' daughter/pupil! I am so proud of you for undertaking such a task! God is so good and now you can see how it has worked together for good!
Kessie's book sounds brilliant! Congratulations!

TexWisGirl said...

so very cool. :)

Nellie said...

How exciting, Kim! I can understand how you would be proud and feel affirmation of your hard work! Tell me about the availability of this book. Where is one able to find a copy? xo Nellie

Sue said...

Congratulations to Kessie, I can only image the pride you and Ron feel!
Read you s post, and am very interested, I have book marked the links, thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Debbie said...

Oh Kim this is soooo exciting! I can just imagine the pride you must feel! Such an accomplishment! I am going to look for this book too....soo fun! Congrats to Kessie!

Empty Nester said...

I ordered mine this morning! It's so exciting!

Kerin said...

Yay! So happy for Kessie.
Great job, mom! You raised some great kids, and taught them well :)

~K.