Winter

Winter

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Blessings and Being Thankful


One of the things I am aware of  this year, is how things that seemed out of control last year at this time, were never out of God's plan. I was reminded of this yesterday as I read this.

" If God is almighty, there can be no evil so great as to beyond His power to transform. That transforming power brings light out of darkness, joy out of sorrow, gain out of loss, life out of death."

" Their souls shall be like a well-watered garden, and they shall sorrow no more at all."
Jeremiah 31:12

In July I went to my regular eye doctor to get eye glasses. What he told me was that because the surgeon
had made a mistake when he did the first surgery, I would never be able to get glasses. Unless I was prepared to go through another eye surgery, I was going to have to live with the way things were.
I was sad and it took me awhile to accept  that God has led me this far in my life, and if this was His will for me, then I would just pull myself together and get over it. I could after all see so much better than before the surgery. I went on my way, trying to be thankful every day and look for the blessings and not think about what I didn't have, but accepted those things that I do have.



This week, I went back to the eye doctor. Only though a series of circumstances that I see as a divine gift.
I saw a new doctor. He ran some new tests that I had never had before. I knew I have been experiencing some changes, the headaches have returned, and my mind of course always races to the what ifs.
At the end of the tests, the doctor looked at me and he said, " I have only read about this in books, I have never seen it before. It happens but not very often." He acted kind of rattled, and I was preparing myself for something bad. He gave me a big long medical name that I wish I had written down.

What he said was that, my eyes have corrected the mistake and now my eyes are almost the same. Instead of one being perfect 20/20 and the other being so far sighted. The far sighted one is now almost the same as the 20/20 one. He showed me how healthy my eyes are and how the lenses have now become my own. There is no signs of any problems and my eyes are very healthy. While he didn't say I had a miracle. He acted like it. He kept shaking his head and looking back and forth to the computer and the readings.


The doctor looked back at last year and showed me how bad my eyes were. He even said that
the kind of cataracts were so different from normal and how aggressive they were even last year.
He said, " It is amazing to see how different your eyes are now compared to a year ago."

I left once again just as stunned as I did last year when I found out how bad they were. Only this year when I came in the house, I sat down and thought about how God had given me a miracle for Christmas. One that I never dreamed of and how just saying I am thankful just doesn't seem enough. I am in awe.

The words from that Christmas song "Mary Did You Know" mean so much to me right now.

"The blind will see, the deaf will hear, the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb"


I have thought about it for a couple of days. I finally decided I needed to share it. I guess the reason, is that it I find myself saying why me Lord? Instead of saying Thank you to Him, because I know me and He knows me inside out and there are more people who deserve His incredible gifts and yet He gives and gives to me. His goodness and mercy overwhelm me.

It has been an incredible year. I am so glad that God keeps writing new chapters in my life. I have always liked happy endings best. I thought you might too. Have a lovely day.

~Kim~


" A pearl, I'm told is a wound healed. No wound, no pearl."
---In His Everlasting Arms, Gail MacDonald

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

words you never want to hear: the surgeon made a mistake. but in your case, seems your eyes adjusted just as they were meant to be!

Kim said...

WOW, that gave me chills.

Christine said...

God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we can ask or think!
I am overjoyed for you Kim!
your very own Christmas miracle!

Julia said...

Kim, I'm so glad that you received healing from the Lord. Your faith is so strong even through the turmoils and God is God and nothing is impossible to Him.

I'm so glad you shared.
Did your headaches went away? Maybe hormone related...
Enjoy this time of year.
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi kim, that's wonderful . God is a wonderful God you are blessed , hugs cheri

Kessie said...

Oh, I'm so glad it had a happy ending! That is amazing! Something the doctor had only read about and never seen? That is so awesome. What a Christmas present!

Are you feeling better now? Are the headaches from something else?

Debbie said...

awwww kim, I hope you are able to see things bright & clear.....it is a beautiful world!!!

Pom Pom said...

That's SO great! What a generous God we serve!

Kerin said...

Tender mercies.
I'm always amazed at the tender mercies of our Heavenly Father.
How precious it is that he knows us, and knows of our needs.

You know, I am so happy for you.

~K.

Jacque. said...

I love that song and now I will think of you when I hear it. Thank you so much for sharing your story. God is great, isn't He!! xo

Buttons Thoughts said...

0h Kim that is incredible there are blessings every where and you are one. I am so happy it all worked out. Hug B

Rugs and Pugs said...

So happy to hear all is well.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Nellie said...

Amazing! I'm rejoicing for you! What a wonderful Christmas present! xo Nellie

Diana Ferguson said...

What a blessing!!!

Linda P said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony of God's love and blessings over the last year. The scriptures are a comfort also.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I didn't realize that you were still having vision problems this past summer. But praise God ... your vision has been restored!

Linda said...

A real blessing. You have a lovely blog. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.