Sunday, July 7, 2013
Lessons I have Learned This Week
1. Always soak the ice cream maker before you start to make ice cream. I have a White Mountain ice cream maker and if you don't soak it a day before the wood doesn't seal and the ice as it melts which is what freezes ice cream pours out the slats.
2. Never be a referee in Brazil for a soccer match or maybe a player.
3. That saying " Mad as a wet hen," isn't true. When it is hot, chickens like water to stand in and run to the hose to get in the mist.
4. For the first time in my life, my son told me I was acting like a housewife because I was watching Psyche on Netflix in the afternoon. I never watch T.V. during the day. Ever. I never have. Hence the name calling.
6. I am really grumpy.
7. The one good thing about the heat, is it is too hot to eat.
8. My back flowerbeds are full of white chickens during the day. My flowerbeds are full of dust bath holes and my flowers will never be the same.
9. Trying to walk even early in the morning is a chore. I look like a commercial for a exercise company after one lap.
10. People are really grumpy too. This really happened at the grocery store.
I had my basket full of groceries like normal. There were only two check stands open. A older gentleman came up behind me and he had only a couple of packages of shoe strings in his hand. I said, " Sir, would you like to go ahead of me." He looked at me with a frown and said, " You need to learn to read, can't you see the sign, that says express ( there was no sign.) He said, you need to go back to school."
I stood there not saying a word, as you know as my Dad always said, " just because someone else is rude you don't have to be." ( My Dad didn't say the word rude, he used a different one but you get my drift.) I waited while he paid for his shoe strings and left. I asked the checker " This isn't express is it? " She said" No, there was no sign any more they had changed it." I told her what the man said, and she said," why didn't you say something?" I just said, " I never do, my mind always goes blank"
I once heard that we are what we are when we get bumped, the heat does that to me and I don't like what I see. I have to tell you one more thing I learned. One of the things I have always wanted to be is a Titus 2 woman. The verse says, " and that older women likewise be reverent in behavior, not slanderers nor enslaved to much wine, teachers of that which is good; (Titus 2:3)
I was patting myself on my back that I am pretty good and I am not a big fan of wine. But then as so often happens, not enslaved to much wine, became enslaved to much Whine.
That has been me pretty much lately. I am trying to change that. I hope you have a nice week. It will only be 99 here this next week. I will take any kind of break.