Winter

Winter

Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday---Day One

Day one of my vacation starts today!!! The sun hasn't peeked over the mountains yet. I have seven lovely days to do what I want, or at least I will try. I do have a whole laundry room filled with dirty clothes today. We trimmed trees this weekend. Sanding the white railing around the porch was started. A bit more then it will be time to paint. I worked on the rug I started.

I have been reading about how drinking raw apple cider in water has so many health benefits. I was so skeptical . I saw a bottle of it at at the store and decided that it might be interesting to try it. It sat in my cupboards for two weeks and finally I thought what the heck I will try it. I drank it in 8 ounces of filtered water for a week. I have been walking in the mornings five miles. Since I started drinking it I don't have the muscle soreness I normally have. I think the best thing I noticed that my hands aren't sore and I can hook again. My hands had got so bad I couldn't even turn a door knob. I could hardly hold a hook in my hand to make rugs. I knew I was getting Carpel Tunnel. I couldn't hardly use my mouse anymore. Yesterday, I noticed after hooking a couple hours no soreness in my hands. My mind is clearer and it is easier to wake up. But that part could be because it is vacation. I always think so much of this stuff is just in my head but my hands, that isn't. So I will keep drinking it.

The tomato/tobacco moths are hatching. It always makes me happy when they are out at twilight. They always arrive about the time the orange trees start blooming. I love to walk out to the orange trees and watch as the dusty millers are hatching too and the trees will be full of moths. These are the only big moths that we have around here. I think that I like the giant moths more than I like butterflies. The ground has to be warm for them to start coming out of their pupae  cases. In the afternoons the June bugs are flying around. Not really flying sort of bumbling around. It is early for them. Most of the time it is around May. I have seen lots of them already. When the big moths hatch, I can always imagine that they really are fairies in disguise. If I sit very quietly they will take the little striped coat off and there will be a tiny, little fairy in golden clothes, with a tiny crown upon a little head.

So it is a nice Monday, filled with dreams and sunshine and promise. The dew is heavy upon the grass. The earth is warm and waiting for seeds. The trees are filled with tiny little fruit. Last night I saw little tiny cherries hardly bigger than the head of a pin.The trees in the back yard are filled with tiny little leaves that look like lace. I hope your Monday is nice too.

Oh, I was supposed to do a give a way for March. I have to postpone any more giveaways until after May, and possibly June. There just isn't room right now for one more thing. I have stuff piled every where waiting to be turned into flower arrangements, and lights and you just have no idea. It is really hard for me to be creative when I am living in a state of chaos in the house. :)We have seven weeks left.

Thank you for stopping by today,
~Kim~

15 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

My husband drinks apple cider vinegar. I've seen first hand the benefits to drinking it. It also works wonders if you have an acid stomach.

Beth said...

I have never heard of this. I am so glad it is working for you. Have a wonderful vacation!

Nellie said...

Enjoy your vacation this week, Kim! Can you believe that we are having snow here this morning? Happy spring!:-) xo Nellie

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What beautiful pictures you share with your words. I will check into the apple cider. I'm not a big fan of apple cider, but it would be worth the benefits. Don't worry about the give-away. I don't need a "bribe" to visit you every day. ;-) Have an absolutely wonderful week off.

Julia said...

I have heard of the benefit of Apple cider vinegar also but I haven't heard of the raw apple cider benefit though. I'm glad that you are reaping benefits from it.

I've tried straight from the spoon it but not long enough to see the benefit. It tasted awful lol....

I've been thinking of you this week and I'm glad that you have a week off. Just don't over do it. 7 weeks is a very short time and it will be here before you know it.

Have a terrific week.
Hugs,
JB

TexWisGirl said...

oh, good for you! i hope the apple cider vinegar continues to work its magic!

Meg said...

Ugh, seven weeks. This sounds terrible but I can't wait for it to be over. I hate sitting around waiting for big things.

I'm so glad you mentioned spring break on your last post because I didn't even think about it! We would have kept on doing school this week, but I got so excited that I get a week off! I have so much to do in the garden, and I need to work on this shawl!

Debbie said...

so happy for you kim, i just adore your enthusiasm. lovely images today!!

Debbie said...

I may buy a bottle of this today! I wonder what it might do for my knees? Worth the try at least. Your pictures are always soo pretty. I hope you enjoy every little minute of your vacation. WOW only 7 weeks left...exciting times!

Alica said...

I'm glad the apple cider is helping you! It's great to find "simple" things that help us to feel better! Enjoy your week!

Empty Nester said...

The husband does the apple cider vinegar every day. I can't do it. It's just nasty to me. The only thing I make sure of is that it's organic and contains mother. He swears by it. Your Monday sounds wonderful. I have three more days 'til spring break. I hope I make it through.

12Paws said...

Love, love your bit about moths & fairies. Who knows, they just may be shape changers & we just don't look quick enough!

Pom Pom said...

Where do you get raw apple cider? I think I need to try it!
Seven weeks? Yikes! You'll get it all done, Kim.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I buy Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. I use to do the same thing with the water and vinegar, but some how got away from that good habit. I can't believe the wedding is only seven weeks away.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

We use it to- with the mother. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!