Winter

Winter

Friday, March 1, 2013

Hello March!

Hello March!!!

How are you this year? What do you have in store for us. It has been a long time since you made your appearance dressed like a little lamb. You are coming in with all of the softness of a downy chick. Your warm breezes and blooming trees and green grass are all causing me to think you have changed from years past.

I have begged you to please be who you really are and not who you pretend to be today.  Our trees will bloom and they will open their pink and white petals to all of the warm scented skies. Then you will change, you will bring cold and rain and wind and the beautiful flowers won't have time to turn into fruit.  One good thing about you March, is you are good for kite flying and for walking in the rain. You are good for the birds who have been singing since they knew you were on your way. You are filled with dreams to be dreamed. You do always fill me with joyful expectations I admit.

I think of you March because of all of the babies that have came and  continue to bless our lives and how for all of the ways you catch me off guard I can't hold very much against you. You have always been a blessing. Some of the hardest roads I have walked have been with you. I still am excited to see you arrive.

So welcome dear March. Don't be in a hurry to race by, just stick around so I can enjoy you in all of your moods. I promise that I will take time to fly kites, to walk in the rain and to dream of far off  castles in the air and sail away on your sailing ships that you send to float on that blue, blue sky.

Welcome Back!
~Kim~

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

we are late with our spring this year, so i'm ready for march to kick in here - have already had some fierce winds in february, so maybe it'll be gentler. :)

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kim!
I like March because her name is meaningful and when I was a girl, my friends all had their birthdays in March.
I can't tell if she is coming in as a lion or a lamb today. It's sort of in between outside.
You have a grateful heart, friend.

Samantha said...

March is roaring in here...sleet and snow.
I'm so happy to see flowers on your post. I miss COLOR.

Meg said...

Mmm, March is my favorite time of year. It's the month Ben and I started dating, the month my first babies were born, the month of warmth and flowers and the excitement of Easter coming... What is that pretty spotted bell flower? I really like it!

Kim said...

Gosh, we really have 2 very different versions of March :) I think I like yours the best!
PS Our March is coming in like a Lion :(

Gail said...

I like your promises.

Beth said...

I am ready for spring. Bring it on.

Kessie said...

I'm so glad it's finally March! It's like 6 weeks long, too. The kids keep begging to wear shorts, and we're all tired of the cold.

Debbie said...

LOVE how you have written this! I am glad it's March too! Enjoy your week-end!

Christine said...

Yes! Spring is coming in softly and sweetly here too!
Have a lovely weekend!

Nellie said...

Neat post, Kim! We just don't want Spring to come too quickly here, either - for the same reasons! Fruit trees suffer if the weather is too warm - then wham! Here comes a late frost!:-(

xo Nellie

annie said...

enjoy march, but already miss January & February, time just goes by too fast for me. love your photos! have a great weekend!

Patrice said...

I got soooo cold at the farmers' market this morning that I'm still cold (3-4 hours late). I'm really ready for spring, but March tend to be a continuation of winter. Sorry, March! I had to say it. Time is going so quickly now that I'm sure we''l be posting about hot summers soon. I used to think that time flying was relative to age, but I'm not sure. I know lots of young folks who say it is whipping by quickly. Have a good weekend! Oh- I like the pink blossoms on the tree against the blue sky.:)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love this post. Excellent reminder to slow down and enjoy the transition month of March, where here it's not quite winter any more but not quite spring yet.