Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch
1. What's your favorite Thanksgiving side dish? For anyone not in the US, what's your favorite fall side dish?
The cranberry sauce. I know that seems funny but I love cranberries and I like the sauce on sandwiches after Thanksgiving too.
2. What's the first thing you do when you have a headache?
I always think it is dehydration just like you Patrice so the first thing I grab is water. I have had a migraine now for almost two weeks so I am at my wits end. I had to stop the medication so I have just suffered through them.
3. Do you like to "people watch"? (Observe people in public while waiting for something or relaxing)
Always, I love watching people. I have always enjoyed people so much and I love striking up conversations with strangers. The other day I had a lovely conversation walking into the grocery store with the woman who parked next to me in the parking lot. People intrigue me so I always want to talk to them and I have met the nicest people that way.
4. Where's your family most likely to eat for a day to day meal? (Read= not holiday)
Because there are so many of us and visitors almost every day at meal times we sit at the dining room table. We have a bar in the kitchen and a round oak table in the kitchen so it it is something easy or the kids have to be out the door we will eat there. One thing that is nice about this house, is that it has lots of places to share a meal with someone. Not to mention, there is always the tables outside on the porches.
5. Tell me about your plans for Thanksgiving Day. Or tell me something special you will do soon.
On Wednesday, tomorrow, the girls and the kids are coming over and I hope we can discuss what we are going to be eating and doing on Thanksgiving. Because of all of the sickness I have hardly seen my grand children or the mommies so I am really looking forward to spending time with just us tomorrow. I haven't got to hold the newest baby in so long so I am really excited. All of my kids will be here for Thanksgiving and this will be Nik's first Thanksgiving with us so it will be really a wonderful day to be Thankful for all God has done and is doing.